• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT Allstar Weekend

Agree with everyone's criticisms of the event. Will continue to subscribe of course because I like to watch.

Otherwise, interesting to see Chris Dickerson struggle so. Curious if he can learn the new plastic in time for his main stretch.

Eagle is keeping his forehand on ice for the foreseeable future. Still played great on this type of course but seems like a real ceiling for his ability to compete at woods courses. Now both crush boys limited in their forehand ability…

A course that suits his strengths but Ezra definitely looked the most improved from the offseason. His putting was particularly dialed, as was Gibson's.

Hammes and KJ both played a sort of stupid match full of mistakes for both of them.

Agree with everyone's criticisms of the event. Will continue to subscribe of course because I like to watch.

Otherwise, interesting to see Chris Dickerson struggle so. Curious if he can learn the new plastic in time for his main stretch.

Eagle is keeping his forehand on ice for the foreseeable future. Still played great on this type of course but seems like a real ceiling for his ability to compete at woods courses. Now both crush boys limited in their forehand ability…

A course that suits his strengths but Ezra definitely looked the most improved from the offseason. His putting was particularly dialed, as was Gibson's.

Hammes and KJ both played a sort of stupid match full of mistakes for both of them.

I was also thinking about Dickerson's struggles on this course. Maybe on this style of course? On wooded courses there are always targets to define the line you want the disc to follow. On open courses you need to know the feel of how far a throw will go, and don't have nearly as many cues. What if Eagle is good at knowing how far his discs will go and Chris is good at getting his discs to follow lines? Like two different skills? IDK, just thinking.

Not sure how high up you've gotta get before stability starts getting impacted, but Tucson is just shy of 2,500 feet. Probably a combination of that, new plastic, and golf course skips?

Not sure how high up you've gotta get before stability starts getting impacted, but Tucson is just shy of 2,500 feet. Probably a combination of that, new plastic, and golf course skips?

Def affects the stability (noticeable overstability)....having lived in tucson and now in texas... Plus.... depth perception is tough in the desert. Then add elevation.

It can be a tricky place to get used to throwing frisbees for someone that doesn't travel much. I can see it being a big factor for CD especially....plus a new bag of plastic.

I played alot of ball golf in tucson. It takes a few times through to figure out the distances. The elevation fluctuates alot on those courses close to Catalinas.

Nikko's ace will supplant Kevin Jones' ace record by 6 feet, though it is generally believed Jones' ace distance was a bit shorter than reported, as the tee sign was for the long position but the basket was in the short.

https://www.guinnessworldrecords.co...thest disc golf ace,USA, on 10 September 2020.

Not so fun for the other players. .Guinness only mentions Jerm :)

"Kevin Jones performed the ace on the 16th hole of the Maple Hill course while playing a skins match against Jeremy Koling."

Not so fun for the other players. .Guinness only mentions Jerm :)

"Kevin Jones performed the ace on the 16th hole of the Maple Hill course while playing a skins match against Jeremy Koling."

Sure there were others on the card, but...

1) We all know that the Ace only happened because Jerm was there.

2) Never realized Maple Hill was in the UK. :|

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220215-084640.jpg
    Screenshot_20220215-084640.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
That wasn't the worst ball golf based course I've seen. Every time they would pan the mountains in the background, I thought it was really awesome.

My subscription to DGN expires this month. I'll probably renew it. Haven't really thought about it until now.

I declare shenanigans. I don't see Koling anywhere in the footage.

The disc disappears from view as it passes behind the tree on the wide hyzer line Nikko threw. He had a buddy with an identical disc, positioned in the weeds down there. Kudos to his bud for timing it so it looks totally believable.

But I'm not buying a Jermless Ace.

...or maybe Jerm was the bud in the weeds, so there's no need for a 2nd disc? Then it's legit. :confused:

Last edited:
I declare shenanigans. I don't see Koling anywhere in the footage.

The disc disappears from view as it passes behind the tree on the wide hyzer line Nikko threw. He had a buddy with an identical disc, positioned in the weeds down there. Kudos to his bud for timing it so it looks totally believable.

But I'm not buying a Jermless Ace.

...or maybe Jerm was the bud in the weeds, so there's no need for a 2nd disc? Then it's legit. :confused:

So THAT'S what Nikko meant! All he's ever wanted was an ace without Big Jerm around!

Latest posts