• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT Championship New Format...How Does It work?

Ohn hemorrhaging a bunch of $troke$ on the back 9....
2nd pays $22K. 3rd pays $14K.

Damned near certain it's been the highest payout of the season since 2020.
Thats about what I was thinking.

Unless he gets hurt, this event should award Ricky the 7th 5-digit event payout of his career.

2016 Pro Worlds $10K
2017 Pro Worlds $12K
2017 DGPT Champ $10K
2022 Ledgestone $10K
2022 Green Mountain $12K
2022 DGPT Champ $35K

and
2023 DGPT - Any of top 4 spots.

And the last two years - the biggest payout of the year if he holds the lead.

He will have won the biggest payout in the sport 4 times in his career if he wins today. 2016-2017-2022-2023. Turned pro at the end of 2010 for good. 2011 his first full year. So 4 out of 13 years. Gotta imagine the rest are a combination of Paul, Dickerson, and Queen?

Eagle rolling.

"Is this the day we learned that no lead would ever be safe from Eagle again?"

Random thought that just popped into my head. Imagining Eagle popping out a ludicrous 17 down, pushing Rick to a playoff, or something like that.

Redalan and Ezra chasing about as strong as they can as well right now.

So to break the single season cash record for MPO:
  • Calvin Heimburg would need to get solo 3rd or better
  • Eagle McMahon, Kyle Klein and Gannon Buhr
  • Isaac Robinson would need to get solo 6th or better
If none of those happen then it will be the first time in several years where the cash record isn't broken.

However, if they want to beat Kristin's record then Gannon Buhr or Calvin has to win or Isaac has to get solo 2nd or better. Isaac could do it with a T2 and a C-tier win too, I guess 🤷‍♀️

Nice troll job with the trophy …
I've been hesitant to jump into the trophy criticism the last few years. There have been some good ones and some less than good ones.... but this trophy was so ridiculous I actually made an audible noise when they handed it to Missy.

....I then had to argue with my 5 year old who loved the trophy and thought I was crazy.

1697397889279.png

Something about its proportions, or the angle of that choke point in the middle... or something... it just looks haphazardly slapped together. Weird one. Maybe it looks a lot more impressive in person, given its implied heft and its size next to a person in person?

Interesting one, for sure. Kinda feels like they pulled a flat icon off of a web page and made it 3D with that text on the bottom half.

Ricky, from last round into this one, just put together a nice 13 out of 14 hole birdie run. Klein, though, keeping some heat on his neck with that bird on 4, back to within 4.

Eagle has 6 out of 8 today so far, but Ricky starting out hot keeping him from creeping back in so far. Still 6 back and running out of time.

Ricky, from last round into this one, just put together a nice 13 out of 14 hole birdie run. Klein, though, keeping some heat on his neck with that bird on 4, back to within 4.

Eagle has 6 out of 8 today so far, but Ricky starting out hot keeping him from creeping back in so far. Still 6 back and running out of time.
Ricky looks dialed (vintage Ricky) in the last two days. Klein has to weather the early storm and stay focused if he wants to have a chance. Definitely still a lot of holes to play.

Oof.... Eagle with a "pros, they're just like the rest of us" moment as a crazy over-the-top escape attempt ends in a shot that travels approximately 10 ft from lie to lie.

Klein pars to a 2 stroke swing. Wow.

And just as Eagle collapses.

It went from Ricky in the driver's seat with two chasers comfortably at arm's reach, to the Ricky and Kyle show.

Life comes at you fast. Whew. Klein ties Wysocki.

It is now 11 holes of straight heads-up play for $18,000 - assuming one of them doesn't collapse back to the field.

Someone hydrated Hammes, he lives. Still a handful behind, but he's erased the work done by the chase cards throughout the day to get back into that five digit cash payout.

This is a lot of fun. Hoping it stays fun through the last hole. Two weekends in a row murdering my Sunday afternoon workflow. lol I'm all for it.

Latest posts