• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT Championship New Format...How Does It work?

Monster putt from Wysocki. That's a real statement putt with Klein close. What a putt with that downhill behind it.

Sexton has repeatedly put some comments out there during this event that would piss off Paul.

An intentional effort to light a fire? He just noted that he is sure Paul is watching this from home. So he knows Paul is hearing it when he says stuff like "I wouldn't take any other human being to make a 38 ft putt over Ricky."

A pretty major victory for Rick.

Ain't a Major W.... but for the second year in a row, a major W.

I guess this putts a stop for Kristins run at 1000 for 2023. .

It looks that way.

The Nates commented on Saturday that the men's ratings for that day were garbage because only the top rated players were in. They felt Wysocki's 10 down should have been rated higher than 1070.

It looks that way.

The Nates commented on Saturday that the men's ratings for that day were garbage because only the top rated players were in. They felt Wysocki's 10 down should have been rated higher than 1070.
If the PDGA does the official ratings following the procedure we provided for rounds after a cut, Ricky should end up with an official rating around 1078 instead of the unofficial 1073 currently shown.

Nice battle with Rick and Kyle!

Tattar mentioned she has been dealing with some health issues, not sure what though.
She was seen on camera several times coughing and blowing her nose. Not sure if that means anything, but that could be what she was referring to.

The importance of putting in FPO simply cannot be understated. It is THE separator, no question about it, given how much shorter the layouts are. Even Kristen, with how good she has been off the tee the last few years, wouldn't have won anywhere near as much without putting really, really well herself

*OVERstated.

Cannot be overstated.

😜

It looks that way.

If the PDGA does the official ratings following the procedure we provided for rounds after a cut, Ricky should end up with an official rating around 1078 instead of the unofficial 1073 currently shown.
Have we confirmed these ratings will included for overall player ratings? The format is a bit different but prior year DGPT Championship rounds were not included with the same ES tournament designation.

I was looking forward to seeing how the Ratings formula digested the Starting Advantage and Score Reset rounds.

I was looking forward to seeing how the Ratings formula digested the Starting Advantage and Score Reset rounds.
Ah, if those R1 & R2 scores include the initial score deductions then we can't even look at those round ratings to determine the course ratings to be used for R3 & R4. So I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Ah, if those R1 & R2 scores include the initial score deductions then we can't even look at those round ratings to determine the course ratings to be used for R3 & R4. So I guess we'll have to wait and see.
The R1&R2 scores do not include the deduction; they were split out into an R0. Click View Hole Scores to see how they were handled.

I also see (now) that the artificial adjustments to scores actually did generate round ratings. So, Calvin's 6 stroke advantage was given a round rating of 1035. Zero advantage was rated 940.

The R1&R2 scores do not include the deduction; they were split out into an R0. Click View Hole Scores to see how they were handled.

I also see (now) that the artificial adjustments to scores actually did generate round ratings. So, Calvin's 6 stroke advantage was given a round rating of 1035. Zero advantage was rated 940.
Yikes!

Latest posts