• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT - Idlewild Open driven by Innova Discs & The Nati

The problem with that hole, imo, is that the only "safe" play is to go for the green. When you are on the tee, there isn't a place you can say, "I'm gonna throw it right there, then pitch up and take my par3." The only true line that hole has, is to throw a shot down the creek on the left side. Anywhere else and there is a high likelihood that you're gonna hit one of the randomly spaced trees and kick OB.

It will be interesting to see what it looks like now. I haven't been out there myself since last fall. Supposedly, there were gonna cut a few trees out of the fairway but since they switched it to a par4, I don't think they did.

I played it at the Nati Big 3 and didn't see a line other than the left side down the creek. Thankfully the creek played casual for us.

Well, it looks like we finally have an answer for 2 of the 3 guys double registered. Ricky and DO are not on the list for Idle anymore, Koling still is. Still have 37 1000+ rated players. Havent heard anything about the McGroin yet...

Paul looked like he was significantly bothered in round 3 of the Konopiste by that groin injury, any word if he is backing out of this one? I was planning on driving up to watch on saturday. But then again, its also supposed to thunderstorm friday and saturday... :(

He just posted an Instagram from Burlington so he's already here

Shame about the forecast. Hopefully it clears up and is no worse than last year. That was some torrential rain during the first round.

Eh, that stinks about Ricky.. was looking forward to seeing him play this year. Lot of the holes play well for a good forehand.

Big Jerm and Ricky is doing clinics in Sweden ( today i Think ) and will be playing "The Open" this weekend so 100% sure the will not play Idlewild

Yea. The course itself deals with water pretty well but the creeks rising could be a problem. Every once in awhile the creek flash floods and can tear up the island greens...

Yea. The course itself deals with water pretty well but the creeks rising could be a problem. Every once in awhile the creek flash floods and can tear up the island greens...

The video of (old) 3 raging during KY States Doubles a few years back was insane. It's weird enough to see the creeks with enough water to cover the bottom let alone raging enough that it's flooding.

He just posted an Instagram from Burlington so he's already here.

My guess is travel was arranged prior to the injury. Just because he's back stateside, doesn't necessarily mean he's playing. Hope he does, but not counting on it...

Yea, it wouldn't surprise a bit if he pulled out, especially considering the weather. Or if he tweaks it at all during practice this week. Big payday event coming up in a couple weeks...

The video of (old) 3 raging during KY States Doubles a few years back was insane. It's weird enough to see the creeks with enough water to cover the bottom let alone raging enough that it's flooding.

I was there during a meltoff a couple years ago. There was ice damming up the drain for the pond. We were on old3's tee when it broke loose... :eek: Very lucky it didn't happen 5min later...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...3444972.2080678.54102976&type=3&theater&ifg=1

Jonathan Gomez is with Jerry Gomez and Michael Fouche in Burlington, Kentucky.
2 hrs ·
We drove 5 hours through the night from Lockport, IL to Burlington, KY and heard a weird noise about 2 blocks from our destination. Turns out the front shock fell off as we pulled into the driveway at 5am! With the RV life it's not about IF something will break, but WHEN. We were very fortunate to have made it all the way here before this happened so that we can hopefully get it repaired while we're in town for the Idlewild Open. We're supposed to FINALLY head home on Monday to see our families after 10 weeks so let's hope the shop can help us out with a timely and affordable repair!

Oh god... Lets not start this again... Driven by X, sponsored by Y, soaring with Z, clothed by XY, pumped by XZ, lubed by KY...

Looking like rain, rain, and more rain this weekend. Meteorologist said Cincy is 2 to 3 inches below average for precipitation in July but after this weekend we should be all caught up. Awesome.

Oh no. Is that scattered thundershowers. Or some occluded hurricane induced front that makes the forecast a rain out?

Every time I look at the forecast it is different on when it comes thru each day but it will rain and rain hard when it does hit. Temps will be reasonable though. Mid/low 80s and might not get to 80 on sunday.