• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT Live Coverage Will Be Paywalled

Will this available to subscribe via either Apple TV, Amazon Prime or Direct TV?

Thanks, those are the only outlets that I have access to at the moment.

Vimeo sucks. Every time I've tried to use it, it just lags like crazy. Now that might be on my end but I can't afford to upgrade my internet and sure as hell not also pay for a sub.

Will this available to subscribe via either Apple TV, Amazon Prime or Direct TV?

Thanks, those are the only outlets that I have access to at the moment.

Sounds like it's using Vimeo.

$8.99 a month, or $64.99 a year. They're offering 50% off to PDGA members for the monthly subscription, which puts it at $4.49 a month.

$8.99 a month, or $64.99 a year. They're offering 50% off to PDGA members for the monthly subscription, which puts it at $4.49 a month.

Noticed there was no discount for PDGA members buying the full year. This discourages PDGA members from buying the year package and forces them to go monthly in order to save any money. Better be good as this means monthly folks can cut ties quickly and not be stuck with a full year. :\

Article said:
"We'd love to feature Jomez content on the Disc Golf Network at some point," said Mahmoud Bahrani, the DGPT Media Manager. "The goal is for it to become a one stop shop for all your disc golf content."

So are we going back to trying for everything under the DGPT umbrella again.

Article said:
Jamie Thomas will serve as the play-by-play lead commentator for the live broadcast with Nate and Valarie Jenkins Doss sharing color commentary duties. Terry Miller will be on site at tournaments to provide on-the-ground updates and interviews.

Can I get a no commentary option. Just attach a boom to Terry and let me hear the sounds/voices on the course.

Nice to see the FPO change:

"Rather than feature morning FPO rounds and afternoon MPO ones, as is typical at tournaments, FPO will tee off soon after the MPO lead card."

- will not only get more eyeballs on FPO but will stop forcing them to play in sometimes vastly different conditions than MPO

Jamie Thomas on play by play with Nate and Val doing color commentary. FPO lead will be playing concurrent with MPO instead of morning/afternoon. They will tee off after MPO with a bit of a break in between.

so why would people pay for the less desired rounds

You're asking the wrong person, for I likely wont be.;)

But they aren't paying for just the early live rounds, it also sounds like the early Post pro rounds and other "exclusive content" whatever that means

Last edited:
Nice to see the FPO change:

"Rather than feature morning FPO rounds and afternoon MPO ones, as is typical at tournaments, FPO will tee off soon after the MPO lead card."

- will not only get more eyeballs on FPO but will stop forcing them to play in sometimes vastly different conditions than MPO

So this means the lead card for FPO will not be competing under the same conditions as the rest of their field?

That does not sound fair to me.

I don't think $4.49/mo is enough money to be complaining about. Don't like the live coverage? Don't watch it. If you do, this is a small price to pay. I really really hate how so many people expect things to be free in disc golf, but then complain if their free things are lacking any quality.

Cost to watch DGPT events live for 2020:
Feb 21-24 - $4.49 per event
Mar 14-16 - $4.49 per event
Apr 12-14 - $4.49 per event
May 10-12, May 25-27 - $2.25 per event
Jun 21-23 - $4.49 per event
Jul 5-7, Jul 26-28 - $2.25 per event
Aug 29-Sep 1 - $4.49 per event
Sep 12-15 - $4.49 per event
Oct 17-20 - $4.49 per event

The live coverage for the entire disc golf season ends up costing you, if you choose, about $40. This is not much considering all the dedication, time and work from so many people that it takes to deliver live coverage.

So if you are not using Vimeo as a platform on your "smart TV" or I-Pad, does one also have to pay for a Vimeo subscription in addition to the $8.99 for DGPT content?

So if you are not using Vimeo as a platform on your "smart TV" or I-Pad, does one also have to pay for a Vimeo subscription in addition to the $8.99 for DGPT content?

There is no subscription cost to Vimeo.

Latest posts