• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGR PDs -> Thanks For Playing!

Too bad Timko didn't know what he was doing when he sent mine and now I have to wait in agony indefinitely because I have no idea where the discs are at.

Apparently Timko does know (occasionally) what he's doing since JR's and mine arrived today! Well done, 6 days from U.S. by USPS is totally unexpected and unasked for speed of delivery, probably eligible for some kind of record title.

Matti

The recession probably has fewer packages moving so everything moves fast. Anyhoo joy! It was once again ridiculously windy here so I got to witness that a P PD at 157 or 158 ain't a wind beater in gusting headwinds of at least 22 MPH. That number is for gusts for an inland station that's at least a mile and a half away from the sea. Rear winds do need more altitude than glidey slow fairway drivers but one of a dozen throws flew a perfect laser with a medium powered throw where I couldn't wrap my index finger inside of the disc because it hurts and I didn't have tape to help the finger. I'll get to see how these really fly later.

mafa said:
Too bad Timko didn't know what he was doing when he sent mine and now I have to wait in agony indefinitely because I have no idea where the discs are at.

Apparently Timko does know (occasionally) what he's doing since JR's and mine arrived today! Well done, 6 days from U.S. by USPS is totally unexpected and unasked for speed of delivery, probably eligible for some kind of record title.

Matti
I was referring to him not getting the tracking numbers. I'm sure the actual shipping went nice.

On that note, mine still aren't here. =(

Let's hope that tomorrow brings me P-PDs and a brand spanking new S-TD.

mafa said:

Matti

Glad you guys got yours.

So yeah, got the DGR PDs, they look and feel pretty darn awesome. I only got one throw in with the pink (and an 80% one at that) but man, does it go. Thanks Timko!

And thanks for the Wizards too, the red Medium feels so good, I'm worried it might kick out my P1s and 2s... Damn. It's pretty stiff, stiffer than a Firm V.P.

I love my pink DGR PDs. My heavy pinks are laser beam straight out of the box. They are a bit more HSS than the real stiffies I've been messing with. They also may be the fastest of all my PDs. Yesterday in the field with neutral wind conditions they were outdistancing all my other PDs.

discspeed said:
I love my pink DGR PDs. My heavy pinks are laser beam straight out of the box. They are a bit more HSS than the real stiffies I've been messing with. They also may be the fastest of all my PDs. Yesterday in the field with neutral wind conditions they were outdistancing all my other PDs.

I think dgdave and I have found the same thing. They're flatter than most of the P's, and really get out there, but still have good glide. I have some stiffies but haven't thrown them much, so I don't have much for comparison.

Do not hit a rock or solid object with your P-PD's. I did, I wish I hadn't. In fact, its what makes me wish I'd bought like 12 of these from Timko.

Jeronimo said:
Do not hit a rock or solid object with your P-PD's. I did, I wish I hadn't. In fact, its what makes me wish I'd bought like 12 of these from Timko.

It's pro plastic, what did you expect?

I got my first throws in with my new P-PDs and it's starting to seem like I might replace every other driver in my bag with just different versions of the PD. The 168 red and 172 pink are almost as long as my P-DDs and still work well when powered down to replace the CDs. The 158 yellow I got is one damn good turning driver, kicked the Sidewinders out of my bag instantly.

Thanks again Timko!

Timko said:
Jeronimo said:

Come on Timko, you know Pro isn't typically THAT bad. These stiff pro's feel a LOT like DX in my hands, and scar just as easily.

Jeronimo said:
Timko said:
Jeronimo said:

Come on Timko, you know Pro isn't typically THAT bad. These stiff pro's feel a LOT like DX in my hands, and scar just as easily.

Actually, I can see that. The max weight P's and lighter reds were nicer plastics IMO. I know people like that stiffy P, but it's not for me. I'll probably trade the 3 I've got at some point.

I can't wait to just get the hell out and throw these. I tossed for a few throws at a tournament last weekend, that ultimately got rained out on. But I'm interested in seeing how much of a difference these will make for me so I can change up my bag for a simple setup.
Nuke/Katana combo, Variety of PDs, and my rocs.... Should make for a well rounded distance setup for me.

Jeronimo said:
Timko said:
Jeronimo said:

My 158g P-PD took many hits from trees and asphalt without any real wear and tear. Though I have to admit, it's softer than the heavier P-PDs I got, so might be a more durable blend, like my P-CD and P-DDs.