• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Different Eraser Wizards?

loki993

Eagle Member
I'm curious, three seems to be a lot of eraser Wizards around now. Marshall St has them, GGT I think, A few locals around here have them. All for around 10 bucks or so depending on stamp.

Then I see original wizards. People are asking 40 50 60 bucks for them. Whats the difference? Also how do you tell the difference? Aren't they using the same markings and stamp on at least some of the new ones?

I see Grape Erasers on Gateways FB Page now for 10/$84

I saw those too. Actually what I saw were 5 for 47. I wouldn't mind some but I don't need 5 nor do I have 47 right now.

Was kinda wondering if I should grab some and try to sell the ones I don't want. Don't know what I could get for them though. I mean Im not looking to make money or anything. Just cover costs and a little bit for my time you know.

The new erasers feel like SS wizards with a super tacky grip. You can get approx $8 from someone, before it's just a better deal to buy direct from Gateway. Never threw an old one, don't want to get hooked on $40 discs. Gateway tinkers a lot with their plastic, so if you like one, better buy a stack before it gets played with and disappears.

The new erasers feel like SS wizards with a super tacky grip. You can get approx $8 from someone, before it's just a better deal to buy direct from Gateway. Never threw an old one, don't want to get hooked on $40 discs.

How new were the ones you felt? I know they ran another batch 2 weeks ago that is even softer than the batch from a few months ago.

We just got some in at Disc Nation. They should be going up soon. I agree it feels somewhere between a Soft and SS. But the grip is better...more tacky. Firm shoulder like a soft, flight plate give of a SS, grip of an SSS. Really nice run

The RFFs are butter also. DN is processing RFF and Eraser as we speak so look out

Wizards are my absolute favorite putter. I've got 18 of them I use for practice and 3 that go with me when playing a round. I've also got 5 of the grape SS erasers on the way as of a couple hours ago.

Don't ever pay 40$ for a wizard you plan on throwing there are plenty of 8-10$ ones that work great trust me.

I wouldn't I was just curious what the difference is and why someone would pay that when the seem to be readily available.

When I lived in STL Gateway had a pro shop right of the 18th green at Jefferson Barracks. If you go to a local store and talk to the owner he maybe willing to start ordering gateway discs if you can convince him there is a market of people willing to buy them over innovations and discraft. I got a play it again sorts here in KY to carry them for a short time.

I've been putting with sss wizards for three years and thought the eraser would be a nice fit but they didn't work out. They're like a ss with a slightly tacky grip but they're also kind of slick. I don't get as nice of a release as I do with the sss wizards that have a velvety feel. They feel like they would drive really nice though. My best wizards came from marchall street when I ordered a handful of 3S and 4S X-outs.

Kinda off topic, but has anyone seen VooDoos in the eraser plastic?

Im not sure, but if you hit the gateway facebook page and ask them they will tell you. They may even make some if they have enough interest. They seem to be cool like that.

I saw a couple chalkys yesterday and they were stiff, almost felt breakable. I may or may not get one. I think I like the eraser better though. Honestly I think I like the very soft ones at least for putting.

Here's another question what happened to all the G9i? They were everywhere a little bit ago and now no one has any?