• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Dimension: 24.5mm Distance Driver

Dimension

I threw a Dimension for the first time today. Neutron plastic, unknown weight. Here are my thoughts:

Very wide, deep, sharp rim. In your hand this disc feels like a weapon. Average dome. The disc isn't flat, but isn't pop top either.

This disc is absolutely lightning fast. It gets most of its distance due to sheer speed rather than floaty glide. The Dimension is pretty beefy. I wasn't noticing any high speed turn on flat shots. I was able jerk the disc over anny, but even then it would fight out of it pretty quickly. Honestly, this disc reminds me of a faster Defender. Same general flight, but at least 1 speed faster.

My longest throw with the Dimension was about 380'. I feel like with some work I could learn this disc better and increase that. I didn't feel like my arm was quite enough to really bomb this disc. I wasn't getting any high speed turn or flex out of it. The Dimension has a pretty harsh late fade, and doesn't hold a flat line for a super long time. Despite that I was getting respectable distance. I can't state enough how fast this disc is. I'd put the glide at average to slightly above average.

Dimension: 14, 5, 0, 3. This is a legitimately overstable disc that isn't a completely un-throwable slab of beef. It doesn't have any high speed turn, but will still carve out some very respectable distance before fading out. This is absolutely not a disc for beginners. IMO this is pretty much a pro level driver.

I threw a Dimension for the first time today. Neutron plastic, unknown weight. Here are my thoughts:

Very wide, deep, sharp rim. In your hand this disc feels like a weapon. Average dome. The disc isn't flat, but isn't pop top either.

This disc is absolutely lightning fast. It gets most of its distance due to sheer speed rather than floaty glide. The Dimension is pretty beefy. I wasn't noticing any high speed turn on flat shots. I was able jerk the disc over anny, but even then it would fight out of it pretty quickly. Honestly, this disc reminds me of a faster Defender. Same general flight, but at least 1 speed faster.

My longest throw with the Dimension was about 380'. I feel like with some work I could learn this disc better and increase that. I didn't feel like my arm was quite enough to really bomb this disc. I wasn't getting any high speed turn or flex out of it. The Dimension has a pretty harsh late fade, and doesn't hold a flat line for a super long time. Despite that I was getting respectable distance. I can't state enough how fast this disc is. I'd put the glide at average to slightly above average.

Dimension: 14, 5, 0, 3. This is a legitimately overstable disc that isn't a completely un-throwable slab of beef. It doesn't have any high speed turn, but will still carve out some very respectable distance before fading out. This is absolutely not a disc for beginners. IMO this is pretty much a pro level driver.

Accurate write-up.

I know you love apes and these aren't ape stable. That being said, youd probably be able to bomb em

Disc always makes me think of this song https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bjJ7KCBykVU

You think I'd like one of these for FH Mike?

I could see it being very long and straight for your FH. I see zero turn throwing them backhand, and they fly pretty beefy for me. They're definitely not going to touch the stability of discs like the Energy or Limit, more like the Panic, Nitro, etc. Straight and long with solid high speed stability and a beefy fade, but they'll glide a ways if you have the power for em.

My first necro....

Simon making 15 speed discs sexy? Who besides Moose has the arm to throw this? And I guess Mike C is doing other things with his shirt off.

Mike's vids convinced me to get my first Envy and introduced me to MVP. Thanks bro!

My first necro....

Simon making 15 speed discs sexy? Who besides Moose has the arm to throw this? And I guess Mike C is doing other things with his shirt off.

Mike's vids convinced me to get my first Envy and introduced me to MVP. Thanks bro!

The rim just doesnt feel great - I prefer the koling halo boss, feels way better.

I've bagged Legacy Rampages and now (big bag only) Cannons...both of their rims feel better in the hand diameter-wise. Granted I'm not the largest man but these just feel...fat.

Latest posts