• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc colors

What color discs do you prefer?

• Orange

Votes: 27 21.1%
  • Pink

Votes: 49 38.3%
  • "Chartreuse"/Yellow

Votes: 12 9.4%
  • Blue

Votes: 17 13.3%
  • Green

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Purple

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Tye Dyed

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • White

Votes: 12 9.4%
  • Black

Votes: 3 2.3%

• Total voters
Actually in my bag I have pretty much a rainbow of colors. Its easier for me to grab the right disc and since my head is kinda smoky out on the course its easier for me to see if I have all my discs.

Right now the line up goes like this:

Purple - Pulse
Baby blue - Star Leopard
Teal - Surge SS FLX
Green - Surge
Chartruese - Destroyer
Yellow - Katana
Tie dye (mostly yellow/red) - Flick
Red/orange - XL
Root beer tie dye - 150g Champ Leopard
Salmon - Impact
Blue - Buzzz
Yellow - Wasp

And I keep them in that order so with just a glance I can ensure they're all in the bag.

In the putter pocket is a brick red Summit and a pink Soft Magnet.

I voted pink though because its the easiest to see in all conditions. And if ever get back the pink Surge I lost, I'd be one happy camper.

Last edited:
No love for the red ones

I prefer red because they are easy for me to see. Sure some wooded holes kinda suck with all of the leaves on the ground this time of year.

I will also take orange, pink & white ones as well.

I prefer red because they are easy for me to see. Sure some wooded holes kinda suck with all of the leaves on the ground this time of year.

I will also take orange, pink & white ones as well.

i feel your lack of love. i have a stack of red pearly orcs, which i neglected :(

Neon yellow... I love neon yellow, easy to find look good in the air. The ironic thing is I have alot of blue, So I guess I will vote blue.

Color Wheel

This is why pink is preferred:

RCWnewTMmasterRGBBLnumRedRing650.png

Pink is the opposite of green on a color wheel, thus to a normal human eye, a pink disc stands out more easily against green grass.

With that reasoning in mind, color-blind people probably prefer Blue:

color_wheel_colorblind.jpg

Last edited:
Pink is what I throw when I fear going into the brush. Red is my second choice.

Though if I have my choice I love black. It just so damn hard to find in the woods in the summer. So that's why my putters are black

I would take pink as the best to find but I am not a pink kind of a guy. Therfore my favorite is orange.

This is why pink is preferred:

RCWnewTMmasterRGBBLnumRedRing650.png

Pink is the opposite of green on a color wheel, thus to a normal human eye, a pink disc stands out more easily against green grass.

With that reasoning in mind, color-blind people probably prefer Blue:

color_wheel_colorblind.jpg

this is genius!!!

any bright color... (pink is preferred in star, neon green in champ...)

as long as it isnt the dull neon green (aka "indigenous green") or the dark red as seen in the SL and Beast runs...

also depends on if its for a driver, approach or putter... (i dont seem to have a problem finding putters so color is slightly irrelevant to me for them.)

I usually choose my disc colors by what will stick out the best in shallow water. :D My local course has several water hazards -- a small creek runs through the entire course and is a disc magnet. At most places, the water is just shallow enough to barely see the "glow" of a disc showing through the surface. Orange and white are the two best, IMO. Anything medium to dark red, blue, or green shows up poorly.

Garret

Latest posts