• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Disc Gnomes

attik34

Birdie Member
This is me starting a petition to eradicate Disc Gnomes. They clearly exist, as I have had at least 5 discs disappear from a clear landing zone. After 30 mins of looking its clear that the only culprit is obvious, Disc Gnomes.

I've almost caught them in the act multiple times, as evident by my searching for 30 mins where the disc should be, only to find it in a spot 50+ feet away, in a direction that its not possible that the disc could have traveled. Clearly they had it and got scared when I got close and dropped the bounty.

Who's with me? RIP Disc Gnomes 2013

Never heard of a disc gnome, and never had anyone try and take my disc. At my course, it's a non-issue.

My brother got hit by one of these bastards. We clearly watched the disc land into a small, thinned out hedge less than 50' away. Twenty minutes later, we threw in the towel on looking. It had straight up vanished.

I too have been a victim and had my friend be a victim. I saw my pink disc land in the corner bush, after looking for 30 min that night until it got dark, then first thing next morning. Obviously got stolen by a gnome

My friend lost his bottom stamp sds when we saw it hit and land on the edge of the fairway and looked forever. Had a group of 4 watch his drive and look.

I to have fallen victim to disc gnomes before. You gotta watch out for those rabid disc gnomes though....very vicious creatures.

I keep finding discs in my sock drawer and socks on the golf course. There is obviously a portal opened between these two worlds. I think the gnomes may be the gatekeepers. It's all starting to make sense.

Those little S.O.B.'s are everywhere, my buddy got hit the other day, nice gentle putter drive around a tree and poof gone, 35 minutes of looking and nothing. I swear I saw a little red hat scurry through the bushes and a muffled "TEE HEE HEE" as we approached the spot the disc should have been.

If I ever get my hands on one I'm going to build a mini set of stocks and I will post him up on hole 1 of my local course for everyone to throw rotten vegetables and what not at. Will post pics if I'm successful.

My wife threw a Teebird, hit a tree, and it gently fell straight down. We weren't concerned with losing it. We had 16! people looking for 15 minutes. It was only a 200 ft throw. That gnome must have been very quick and sneaky to get away from us.

I too have been a victim and had my friend be a victim. I saw my pink disc land in the corner bush, after looking for 30 min that night until it got dark, then first thing next morning. Obviously got stolen by a gnome

My friend lost his bottom stamp sds when we saw it hit and land on the edge of the fairway and looked forever. Had a group of 4 watch his drive and look.

To add to my story. I had a uphill drive that hit a tree then fell to the ground. We all saw it land and i walked off the tee, and another guy on my card yelled that it was starting to roll. It then rolled a good 200'+ down hill

We all saw it hit the ground and stop, and 2-3 seconds later it stood up on edge and started to roll? Gnomes...

I have had two close calls with gnomes. Both times I was playing solo and refused to leave until I found my disc, and both times my disc was crammed into the Y of a tree trunk as deep as the gnome could get it. They must live in the trunks or something.

Sounds like you guys need a nice doggy on your team to find your lost discs :)

My brother's cattle dog is the cornerstone of our discing outfit. She finds our lost discs in the woods when all hope is lost. However, she has missed a few and I am sure it was due to these damn gnomes! They must be afraid of cute herding dogs

I've been wanting to train my Catahoula to find (and not pick up) my discs. They are great herding and hunting dogs that stand at bay. Would be a lot of fun.

Some poor little gnome might be missing apendages if he tries to take "her discs" though.

I've been wanting to train my Catahoula to find (and not pick up) my discs. They are great herding and hunting dogs that stand at bay. Would be a lot of fun.
Haha yea well she still needs to work on not picking them up, she's about 50/50 for leaving our fairway shots alone. But she is great at finding lost discs and bringing them back! She's also gentle and doesn't even leave teeth marks on the disc, just slobber usually :D

Pup just wants to chase discs all day

Here's a sketch of one those little bastards.

9331302878_b2790c8e68_o.jpg

Was thinking of a t-shirt design at one point featuring the mysterious Disc Gnome.

Latest posts