• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc golf and beer....why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of beers do you guys usually drink if you have a beer while discing? I have admittedly become a beer snob although it seems we usually end up drinking Budweiser tall boys on the course since the gas station by the course doesn't have a stellar beer selection. Quick and easy, these are! Also it's more refreshing to drink something less heavy than the beers I have been drinking lately.

Bud, or All Day IPA normally, in the winter I have been jamming bottles over cans before snow doesn't get in them.

What kind of beers do you guys usually drink if you have a beer while discing? I have admittedly become a beer snob although it seems we usually end up drinking Budweiser tall boys on the course since the gas station by the course doesn't have a stellar beer selection. Quick and easy, these are! Also it's more refreshing to drink something less heavy than the beers I have been drinking lately.

MGD or High Life typically. On a hot day maybe some Summer Shandy, or dare I say - Corona with lime wedges.

^OMG LIME BEER. WTF IS THIS NOISE!

I like Founder's Porter, Morning Glory Espresso Stout by Dominion, or Distorter by Greenbush if it is just a normal day. I don't care to drink any beers that I can see through no matter how hot the weather.

I'll pick a 6 pack of rolling rock or whatever the gas station has. I save my craft brews for the house.

Surly Furious if its possible. Especially after a round.

Tallboys/pounders are just better for the course. Maybe something lower ABV when it starts to get really warm out.

I like Founder's Porter, Morning Glory Espresso Stout by Dominion, or Distorter by Greenbush if it is just a normal day. I don't care to drink any beers that I can see through no matter how hot the weather.

Amen, brother.

For mass produced beer, I'm a fan of Guiness. However, if you ever find yourself in Williamsburg, Virginia, do yourself a favor and check out The Alewerks Brewing Company. Their Washington's Porter and Chocolate Bock are delicioso. And in the fall you cannot beat their Pumpkin Ale. Best pumpkin ale you will find anywhere.

*hic*

Imma bith late 2 tha party but...heresh my 0.2 cents. *brrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaap*

Itsh not MY fualt if people cant dishcard tha can im packaged in...and itsh not MY Fault if people litter n vandalizze whilsht under my influen*hic* my influe*hic* nce.

Itsh not MY fault if I acause players 2 go slow-[like and not be aware of shuroundings, not letting othersh play throgh n whatnot.

Alsho, let tha record show that im leagal, not like that (shhhhhhhhhhhh) OTHER shubstance dgersh like to partake in.

So, more beer 2 alls y'alls n **** 'em!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrf*

you bunch of drunks. Alcohol is stupid and makes our sport look bad. We're trying to shake the "druggie" image so stop drinking your drugs on the course you bunch of terrible drug users. Drink your drugs within your own home if you so choose.

Now you all know how dumb you sound when hating on smokers.

All the alcohol consumption in ball golf held that sport back. I remember every time the drink cart came by during my ball golf rounds I was like, "For shame! Just think about what you're doing to the sport! Now I'll have another Bloody Mary."

*hic*

Imma bith late 2 tha party but...heresh my 0.2 cents. *brrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaap*

Itsh not MY fualt if people cant dishcard tha can im packaged in...and itsh not MY Fault if people litter n vandalizze whilsht under my influen*hic* my influe*hic* nce.

Itsh not MY fault if I acause players 2 go slow-[like and not be aware of shuroundings, not letting othersh play throgh n whatnot.

Alsho, let tha record show that im leagal, not like that (shhhhhhhhhhhh) OTHER shubstance dgersh like to partake in.

Smh2.gif

Jk jk

*hic*

Speaking in cursive again? Happens to the best of us! ;)

Using the above emboldened[:p] phrase doesn't necessarily make you sound dumb. It does, however, make you sound like a 13 yo noob with 2-3 discs [all stolen] in an IGA plastic bag and wearing a Hollister hoodie, playing gang golf and smoking furiously 'cause it seems like the perfect rebellion against your conservative upbringing.

As for my discing beer, its usually any on-sale microbrew we've gotten lately, or Oranjeboom, a smooth Dutch cream ale, or on a rare occasion [usually very cold], a shot or two of Maker's, Knob Creek, or a good Scotch.

Last edited:
you bunch of drunks. Alcohol is stupid and makes our sport look bad. We're trying to shake the "druggie" image so stop drinking your drugs on the course you bunch of terrible drug users. Drink your drugs within your own home if you so choose.

I hope this was sarcasm. :\

I used a vernacular word for bias, that's all. That's quite a stretch to associate all that with such . You're such a hater. Hater.

As for my brews I keep it local. Mainly dogfish head. Raison D'etre is phenomenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.