• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf at Dodger Staduim

I wonder if any other companies have tried to copy stuff that Innova did first?

Like I don't know... the Roc, Teebird, etc.

I know this is the first time you've ever brought this up... today...

But, would you prefer everybody to only throw rocs and teebirds? Think about it, it's a stupid concept.

Super happy for the folks that pulled this off, hopefully with success across all venues/companies/promoters people will be able to make this happen everywhere. Got my 4 some and tee time locked in. Now if we can get Vin Scully to belt out a "Welcome to Dodgers Disc Golf" the dream will be complete.

Super happy for the folks that pulled this off, hopefully with success across all venues/companies/promoters people will be able to make this happen everywhere. Got my 4 some and tee time locked in. Now if we can get Vin Scully to belt out a "Welcome to Dodgers Disc Golf" the dream will be complete.

Per Kona, Innova set this up.

I don't love close enough to any of the DD events to have went, so didn't really pay a lot of attention. Did they get a lot of promotion from the hosting venue itself for the event? The reason I'm asking is it looks like the Dodgers are pushing this, not necessarily Innova. Now obviously they're part of things too, but from an outsiders perspective the optics of the Dodgers promoting this as opposed to a dg company doing it is pretty impressive.

I don't see any disc golf company associated with this, or is it buried somewhere in the details???

^ Well, I guess it's obvious that anything ANY sponsored pro does is to promote their brand. But you know what I mean.

Per Kona, Innova set this up.

Chris Brophy (THE MAN!) who works for Innova, pulled it off with the help of a few folks not Innova related. For anyone who has ever tried to get an MLB stadium to do something you will understand they are usually VERY hard to even get ahold of let alone get them to agree to do an event. Ive played a couple hundred rounds up at chavez and pretty much every one of them ended on 18 looking into the stadium with some sort of "what if" conversation. Great to see it happen.

I'm playing on Sunday. I had a hard time with the entry fee but justified it with the disc and the ticket to the Dodger/Rockies game.

Also, it's near my birfday. :D

disc_golf_course960x720_brmcxmsp_3ljr8yrd.jpg

What will wait times be like? Is this planned through scheduled tee times?

Maybe even, golf course?

The Rock at Stonewall in Germanton NC is on an active golf course. Epic 12,475' disc course. Played it for the first time last Wednesday in almost 20 years when I used to play the other kind of golf.
Ironically, it was one of the shorter golf courses I used to play in the area it is now the longest disc golf course I have played.

I'm playing on Sunday. I had a hard time with the entry fee but justified it with the disc and the ticket to the Dodger/Rockies game.

Also, it's near my birfday. :D

How many people can register per card?
Between 4-8.

So... you gonna plan this with 3-7 friends?
There gonna be cake & Ice Cream?
If you need someone fun to round out your card (and are willing to pick up the airfare :D), I'll cover my $95 entry fee. :|