• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf at Dodger Staduim

So... you gonna plan this with 3-7 friends?
There gonna be cake & Ice Cream?
If you need someone fun to round out your card (and are willing to pick up the airfare :D), I'll cover my $95 entry fee. :|
Just go to your local airport and tell them that a moderator from DGCR said it was cool to fly to LAX. They'll totally let you on.

Unless it's United Airlines. :(

I can't believe no one else has brought this up.

So you're telling me, with a disc golf course inside a baseball stadium, there isn't ONE SINGLE downhill bomb from way up in the bleachers?! I would consider doing something like this, but only if there was a hole or two throwing from way up top. Now THAT would be fun. Imagine a 600 footer all the way down to the pitchers mound. They missed an epic opportunity with that one.

So you're telling me, with a disc golf course inside a baseball stadium, there isn't ONE SINGLE downhill bomb from way up in the bleachers?! I would consider doing something like this, but only if there was a hole or two throwing from way up top. Now THAT would be fun. Imagine a 600 footer all the way down to the pitchers mound. They missed an epic opportunity with that one.
Im guessing the dodgers organization didn't want to take that risk.

Sent from my Alcatel 6055U using Tapatalk

Im guessing the dodgers organization didn't want to take that risk.

Sent from my Alcatel 6055U using Tapatalk

So kinda like from the Green Monster to home plate at Fenway. When I first saw this that was the first idea I came up with.

I think you're underestimating how long that hole would take to play, and what the backups would be like. Baseball stadiums also don't have the real estate of football venues either, so I'd imagine that's a consideration.

But yeah...I mean who wouldn't want to throw that shot right?

Chris Brophy (THE MAN!) who works for Innova, pulled it off with the help of a few folks not Innova related. For anyone who has ever tried to get an MLB stadium to do something you will understand they are usually VERY hard to even get ahold of let alone get them to agree to do an event. Ive played a couple hundred rounds up at chavez and pretty much every one of them ended on 18 looking into the stadium with some sort of "what if" conversation. Great to see it happen.

Great info, thanks -- any chance you could get Chris Brophy to come here to talk about it and answer questions?

It says you can have up to 8 on your card, so here's my card:

Me
McBeth
Fluffy
Simon
Eagle
Sexton
Climo
Barsby

:popcorn:

You forgot Puig and Kershaw. Throw in A-Gon, Kellinger, Seager, Maeda, Turner, Jansen... and I don't think there'd be room for any disc golfers on the card.

You forgot Puig and Kershaw. Throw in A-Gon, Kellinger, Seager, Maeda, Turner, Jansen... and I don't think there'd be room for any disc golfers on the card.
I would bump Turner to the top of that list.

The tourney at Durham Bulls field had a shot like that. There are photos somewhere I just don't know how to find them.

Knowing how protective baseball stadiums are of their turf - I wonder if they're aware of spike hyzers and tombstones...

Knowing how protective baseball stadiums are of their turf - I wonder if they're aware of spike hyzers and tombstones...
Dodger Stadium opens up the field during Friday night home games for fireworks and they also play movies after the game sometimes. If they're not worried about a couple of a thousand people on the grass I would expect they aren't too worried about a couple hundred disc golfers. (or to your point nobody explained that the discs are able to stick into the ground.)

I wish. None of the fairways are in the stands though.

There used to be a tourney at Speedway 151 in Colombus, WI every year. It's a little 1/4 race track, and it had one hole that was a decent downhill shot to the inside of the track to a basket elevated on a large tire.

There was also a shot over the bleachers, going parallel with them. It's the only "disc golf at a different sporting venue" course I have played.

There used to be a tourney at Speedway 151 in Colombus, WI every year. It's a little 1/4 race track, and it had one hole that was a decent downhill shot to the inside of the track to a basket elevated on a large tire.

There was also a shot over the bleachers, going parallel with them. It's the only "disc golf at a different sporting venue" course I have played.

It would have been cool to play the new Road America course during the IRL race.... maybe next year.

I'm guessing that they're hoping for quick rounds. A shot from up in the stands would probably cause lengthy delays on that hole.

Innova. Kona's father works for them. Whenever you see her, it's likely going to involve promoting the brand.

If this is the case, can we assume they will have a few of their top pros on hand to promote the sport/game? I.E. Paul McBeth? I would think they would want to do that.

Latest posts