• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

disc golf carts

mavrick

hi everyone. im a mechanical engineer and i work with a company that works with metal and metal fabrication. i have been working lately on a disc cart concept and have came up with a disc golf cart design. the demo will be ready in about a week and should be back to me within the month. i wanted to get with everyone on here and see what kind of responses i would get. i want to know really if anyone would be interested in a cart and the demand for it. i would like to have it out to the stores by around Christmas so that everyone can put it on there wish list. lol so yea, please let me know what your ideas are and really any kind of input would be nice. thanks everyone

A lot of courses are rough terrain with steep hills, so if you had something on it to where it could stay put, I would be more interested.

postpics.gif

Seriously... for me a cart would need to break down/apart easily for transportation.

Already have one that I have used for awhile. It makes it over terrain and breaks down pretty small

I would need to see a pic or something before I could even comment. Are we talking a disc caddy type thing or a motorized vehicle?

I want a non-gay all terrain segway with a basket for discs.

That would be an engineering miracle.

1. Needs a wide wheelbase, but can still fold up pretty small.

2. Needs a cooler for at least 10 beers and ice.

3. Needs tunes.

4. A built-in seat would be adventageous.

I've already built mine, but I'm open to buying something, as mine is very "Frankenstein".

Mine has all that but tunes. I listen to my ipod so I got it covered

please let me know what your ideas are and really any kind of input would be nice. thanks everyone

I too would be interested. The features I'd like to see (in no particular order) in a cart are:

The disc holder be set up to simply mount a bag. This way the cart could be left and the bag carried into the rough.

A six pack cooler mount. Obviously near the bottom of the cart.

Big wheels. So as not to jar your arm too much while pulling/pushing the cart.

Score card clip board with a pencil holder.

A fold up design with an adjustable handle.

Low center of gravity.

Umbrella/stool holder?

I have something in mind like an airport luggage cart (with off road wheels)where the cooler would sit on a small shelf on the bottom and the bag would hang (stabilized by a couple of arms?) above the cooler.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Here is my cart

1. Cooler is in between the bag and the back of the cart
2. Bag just sits right in seat of the cart, just pick it up if you to leave your cart(never had to personally)
3. A cushion on the front is my comfortable seat(bag is backrest) that is part of the cart
4. The cover folds for easy access to cooler and bag, also provides extra dryness during the rain
5. Cup holder and little cubby for misc. items(pencils,watches, phone,etc)
6. Hard tubes tires that are flat proof!
7. Little extra storage on the bottom for dirty towels or whatever

Attachments

• 18SEP09 016.jpg
    18SEP09 016.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 187
  • 18SEP09 017.jpg
    18SEP09 017.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 145
  • 18SEP09 018.jpg
    18SEP09 018.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 136