• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc golf courses on my TomTom

goob069

I travel alot and I cant always get internet acess to find the closest dg course. Recently I found that you can make your own poi files for the tomtom. I've made 2, one with all the courses in TN and GA. I havent figures out how to load them into the tomtom database yet because I dont have my device with me currenty. The tomtom site wont let me upload them till I get my device. I know many of you travel and maybe sick and tired of having to load the gps coridinates into you gps everytime you want to go to a new course. I used the search feature on this site and made poi's for all the courses currently in those states. In the descripions of the course I also inculded the number of holes, a dollar sign ($) if its pay to play, (PVT) if its a private course and some have other info if necc. Heres a link to the program I used, http://www.poieditor.com/. I dont have anywhere to host the files I have. Does somebody want to host them or where can I host them? With the poi editing software you can convert the file to work with many other devices. I hope to be able to make new pois for more state but that will take time. I hope this will help some of you find and play those new courses.

I have been thinking about getting a GPS system but haven't pulled the trigger yet. It would be nice to minimize travel time between out of town courses. Does yours do off-road maps? I would like to map out my local courses.

I have been thinking about getting a GPS system but haven't pulled the trigger yet. It would be nice to minimize travel time between out of town courses. Does yours do off-road maps? I would like to map out my local courses.

the more expensive ones do. but for a simple one like mine, tom tom one, it doesnt.

Not sure on all the GPS units but if you use the GPS coordinates they seem to be able to get you to the proper palce. This may not be true for all but I've used 2 different models and some car models and they all seem to be abel to get you to the destination. Also remember alot ofthe course are in park so at the very leat you can get to the park you need to get to and then find the course within that park.

www.poifriend.com has all of the disc golf courses in the US already on the site. They have the whole US, or you can do state by state. All you have to do is download the correct file pertaining to the GPS you have, hook your GPS to your computer and install the favorites. Some of the courses are dead on, and some of them are off only by a couple of miles. The best part is it's free...all you have to do is register.

For $25 you do not need to do all that work. Become a Premium Member on this site and two of the benefits you get are:
* Generate custom GPX files for your GPS using the map browser
* Access to the Route Map. Going on a road trip? Plug in your start point and destination and see what courses are on the way. You can even add courses as stops and get turn-by-turn directions for the whole trip!

For $25 you do not need to do all that work. Become a Premium Member on this site and two of the benefits you get are:
* Generate custom GPX files for your GPS using the map browser
* Access to the Route Map. Going on a road trip? Plug in your start point and destination and see what courses are on the way. You can even add courses as stops and get turn-by-turn directions for the whole trip!

then how come you arent one?

I don't like the bling all upside my handle

Latest posts