• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc golf dream job

TorreyLaffoon

Birdie Member
So I've checked out a few threads about jobs that are disc golf friendly, etc. but I want to know this: if you could have any job in disc golf, besides being a touring pro, what would it be?

I think I would want to basically be Steve dodge. I feel like he's got a pretty sweet job.

Andy Green - one of the VP's within Innova East. He has one of the coolest jobs ever. I did a grad school study on their supply chain and interviewed with him. I like what he does.

I think it'd also be cool to be a videographer who does exclusively disc golf. Like web casting tournaments, obviously, but also making high quality technique vids and interviews, have a high quality show, etc. I know all this stuff is already happening to a degree, but for that to be your only job, 40+ hours a week, we could see a real step up in the overall quality. And honestly I don't think it's too far-fetched to think that someone could make a career out of it. The same way the NFL films guys did back in the days before the telecasts featured all the angles and mics they do now. They were the ones who took you inside the game before the networks could. And that's where disc golf is right now I feel like.

I wanted to make videos initially, but I think it would be cool to just work in a shop and travel around to tournaments and promote it.

I would love to be an EDGE advocate. Getting DG in more than half the elementary schools in the Nation would be a great lifetime goal for me.

Maybe when I retire...

I'd love to work at Innova or Discraft, Gateway etc & just be able to do whatever job there. I've worked in machine shops & also production so I'd like to work out in the shop. But I also like graphics so an inside desk job designing stuff on the computer would be cool! I'd like to be able to make my own discs out of different plastics, molds. It probably wouldnt pay very much but I think the perks would be the best!

I think a country club style course is definitely the next progression of the sport. And to own one would be awesome. It would definitely turn into one of those "field of dreams" kind of things, people would come from everywhere.

On a somewhat unrelated to the thread, but related to this, and previous, posts note--does anyone know if there are any courses here state-side that are similar to the course from this year's European open? The way they lay out that course is awesome. I love the OB lines just surrounding each hole. Anyone evy played somewhere like that?

I think a country club style course is definitely the next progression of the sport. And to own one would be awesome. It would definitely turn into one of those "field of dreams" kind of things, people would come from everywhere.

On a somewhat unrelated to the thread, but related to this, and previous, posts note--does anyone know if there are any courses here state-side that are similar to the course from this year's European open? The way they lay out that course is awesome. I love the OB lines just surrounding each hole. Anyone evy played somewhere like that?

Flyboy is pretty country club esque,in a way :)

I've heard about that regarding flyboy, and flip city too. And I live in Michigan, but I have yet to go to flip city. Funny enough... :/

Latest posts