• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Geocaching

SmoothSailor

* Ace Member *
I just did my first geocache today, was thinking itd be fun to do it on a course or with some DG swag. Anyone in?

I like the idea, I see a few problems with it, having been a geocacher for a few years. It would have to be well hid, with people searching for their discs the box being discovered by a muggle would be high, and if found by a non-caching player it would almost certainly just vanish (especially if it contained disc swag). Also, how much would it slow your game down if you stopped and searched for 20 minutes for a well hid box? How much would it slow everyone else's play down to watch the guy in front, or even a non playing family, wander around with a gps and compass?

I think it's a cool idea. Maybe put it near a course and not in an area where there is actual play going on? That way you wouldn't generate too much unwanted attention to it.

What in the hell is a muggle?

It's equivalent to what Discers describe the pedestrians and other people in a park that are oblivious to the fact that there is a course there and they might get hit with a disc. Basically if you have to ask what one is, you probably are one. ;)

From here:

"Muggle
A non-geocacher. Based on "Muggle" from the Harry Potter series, which is a non-magical person. Usually this term is used after a non geocacher looks puzzled after befriending a geocacher searching for a cache, or when a non-geocacher accidentally finds a cache. Geomuggles are mostly harmless."

Well I must be one because I don't know what the hell Geocaching is.

It's equivalent to what Discers describe the pedestrians and other people in a park that are oblivious to the fact that there is a course there and they might get hit with a disc. Basically if you have to ask what one is, you probably are one. ;)

From here:

"Muggle
A non-geocacher. Based on "Muggle" from the Harry Potter series, which is a non-magical person. Usually this term is used after a non geocacher looks puzzled after befriending a geocacher searching for a cache, or when a non-geocacher accidentally finds a cache. Geomuggles are mostly harmless."

freakin nerds

There was/is a geocache site on the Winthrop Gold course but in a location players would not go or throw near.

There's a cache hidden at a Disc Golf in Seneca SC. Found it when a disc got wedged under a fallen tree. Right where the cache is stashed.

Sounds kind of like WorldsCollestGuy's prizes he leaves on courses sometimes.

(Search it before you get some disgusting idea)

Who over the age of twelve would watch or read Harry Potter, it's no wonder I didn't know.

Considering the first book released 14 years ago and those 12 year olds are now 26 I think its fine for people to not pretend to be so cool and cultured to not know Harry Potter references. C'mon people.

This coming from someone with a South Park avatar....:rolleyes:

Hey....I'm 54 and I watch it. I also watch Family Guy, Robot Chicken, and sometimes Aqua Teen Hunger Force. You only have to appreciate humor for humor's sake. :thmbup:

I would like to find some disc stuff that i'm actually ALLOWED to find and not feel bad about keeping.

Never done the geocache thing but think it would be fun. As far as bringing it to the course or involving disc golf with it would be troublesome and cause issues to many reasons to list. If people want to go that far they might as well put chips in our discs so we can locate our lost plastic.

Latest posts