• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf has made me better at...

It has been good to me in so many ways. I can definitely throw footballs and baseballs better. I bowl better. I lost 25 pounds in the first 6 months I started playing. It has made me more patient. Running disc golf makes running fun. Playing or practicing when I don't want to has given me more will power. Like scarpfish said, I can identify and avoid poison ivy better.

DG has improved my mind F'ing skills.

Ex:
Dude how did you miss that putt? I guess you're not on today something.

Bwahahaha.

There are many aspects of life that can be made better by lessons learned while playing disc golf.

Shooting- Learning how to control my breathing, mainly for putting, has really helped me with my shooting skills. Along with league rounds weekly to keep my focus and not let me get too panicked, golf has really helped me. Got to shoot some clay pigeons Saturday for my Hunter's Safety course.. Hit 4/5 my first time shooting a shotgun, or shooting skeet. Doubt I would've had the mental composure, or the ability to control my breathing before DG.

Disc golf has turned me into a man who's been trained to ignore pain, ignore weather, to live off the land, to eat things that would make a billy goat puke.