• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

disc golf in a cave/former mine?!?!

My wife has the most ridiculous raging hard-on for this place.

(She is a vampire so it makes sense)

Great day in the neighborhood!
I am so glad everyone likes the mine we will be planning an event here sometime in March hopefully. I also wanted to clear up a few things.
1 your discs do not get all messed up because it is sandstone which is a soft rock(relatively). The ground is like you are at the beach. There is a little water on a few holes. and hopefully by fall we can make this an 18 hole course.
If anyone is in town and wants to go please call me and I will see if I can arrange for you to play. Watch out for the Slestacks.
Thanks
Mark Dudenhoeffer
314-713-8640
You know you are getting old when you say "Watch out for the Slestacks" and one gray haired guy laughs while everyone else stares at you.

DUDENHOEFFER?!? MOST BADASS LAST NAME EVER! props to you sir :clap:
Before the Big Lebowski, Jefferson Barracks already had The Dude. :thmbup:

Cool idea. We will have a group going that way in the not too distant future.

Dammit...you gots Sleestaks? :( With no crystals to be seen in the pics, that could be bad. Wonder if a M-203 would fit on my disc bag?

It was another great Friday Night underground. Bigger crowds are showing as the word starts to spread - we saw about 35 players on the course between 7 and 11.

Holes 1, 2 and 3 each got a reorg and are now much longer and, of course, more challenging than before.

The course got its first ACE as well. Local J.C. Sharpshooter, Alan, nailed it on 2. That's actually a scary hole to Ace because the basket sits right on the edge of a water hazard that you just don't want to be in.

I was playing pretty well and nailed a 85' putt on hole 8 after sneaking my tee shot through the tight alternate path to the left for a sweet line on the basket.

All in all, the whole night went great as we only lost one player to the Sleestak (but he deserved it because they caught him peeing in the cave:thmbdown:)

I'd also like to ask that players make sure to carry all their cans and bottles with them around the course and drop them in the can at the consessions until actual trashcans can be placed around the course. I picked up 67 beer cans while playing and that's not cool.

The owner of CCU told me they got a call from a guy who said, "I've currently played 998 courses and I want to schedule a trip to make the cave my 1000th course." They told him any Friday night would do, but we folks at the St. Louis Disc Golf Club would like to schedule a party/event around this game, as that is a HUGE accomplishment. Trouble is, WE DON'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE OR WHEN YOU ARE COMING! If anyone knows who this guy is, please have him PM me.

Wow....just wow. So as time goes on and this course gets huge will it be open pay to play anyday and any hour? At least any day of the week. Now nobody can blame bad shots due to the wind or other conditions ;-)

I picked up 67 beer cans while playing and that's not cool.

Even with a pay-to-play, you can't eliminate all the chuckers, apparently. Too bad. If that keeps up, shut 'er down or up the fee (especially if the plan is to make this a multi-course facility). Huge f'in :thmbdown: to those d-bags.

The owner of CCU told me they got a call from a guy who said, "I've currently played 998 courses and I want to schedule a trip to make the cave my 1000th course." They told him any Friday night would do, but we folks at the St. Louis Disc Golf Club would like to schedule a party/event around this game, as that is a HUGE accomplishment. Trouble is, WE DON'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE OR WHEN YOU ARE COMING! If anyone knows who this guy is, please have him PM me.

"That guy" is more than likely someone here. :hfive:

There's nobody on here with that many courses logged, unless it's someone who just hasn't marked them played. Danhyzer has the most played and he's around 900.

see two posts above yours fairweather, he's about 100 courses behind that

OK, call off the search... we've found him. It IS Danhyzer. He DID call CCU. They must have thought he said "990 or 998" (it does sound a lot like "919" when you say it over a cell phone).

It'll be a while still, but he was just checking in.

Just in case you weren't already moist with excitement about the Crystal City Underground course, it now has 18 baskets.:clap:

There is also more lighting and the new layout offers better/more frequent access to the bar and toilet.

There is a big doubles event there tonight.

I wanna play it just to get the positive review votes!!! that guy has like 44/44.

Video doesn't do so well. You need a tripod and a flash to get still shots.

There were 106 people in the Doubles Tournament at "The Cave" last night and the layout for the doubles tournament was really cool. What a great job by Joe McKee and his team from the J.C. Sharpshooter on layout and organizing the event. We did have big bottle-neck problems on several holes, but I didn't really hear any complaints or ill tempers. Folks were just having too much damn fun and were busy being amazed by the atmosphere.

Several new "signature holes" have been decided on, including the "Down the Rabbit Hole". Oh yeah, you throw about 110' from the tee to try to slip your disc through a 4' round shaft hole. Once you make it through the hole, it's a short put to the basket, but still... that was badass.

I'll try to get a few more pics up and tweek my review.