• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf in the News

Yeah, I've found that you just can not say anything to someone that is negative in any way without expecting quick escalation... the average person today is violent, crude, senseless, and semi-inept...

Not that I like the English mannerisms... but, you can at least expect a witty retort there as opposed to getting clocked here in the states.

This guy or his friends all made a tactical error on this one... in this situation, the crew has to gather around closely in order to show some strength and the possibility of retaliation... this guy stood alone with this guy who was obviously belligerent and quite frankly a little scary looking... his eyes betrayed the violent nature. The step-dad guy should not have been left alone and his buddies should have been within striking distance of the belligerent dude... not that a fight is recommended, but a show of force might have made this a situation that belligerent dude just walked away from.

Chicagoans are no exception... Being a Midwestern city ppl tend to be on the nice side, but you'll run into these shenanigans everywhere...

dude should have minded his own business and that was not a sucker punch.

When someone is permenantly altering a course by vandalising it, is it not all of our business? I and all the other local volunteers that put alot of blood and sweat into building and maintaining courses to keep them nice are not going to stand idly by and ignore some ignorant douche that wants to break sh** up. And if that wasn't a sucker punch, then i've been wrong all these years about what a sucker punch is.
If I was just missing your sarcasm, then just disregard this response.

not trolling, just stating my opinion. if the city or park owner wants to prevent this behavior there would proper code notifications and staff to do so. I got into it with some kids doing donuts in there truck on a fairway at my local course that i worked so hard to maintain. i called the police and i broke more of the law than they did by simply trying to keep them there. nothing happened. since then i have learned not to call people out for stuff like this, more than likely they have no regard for anything, and those are not the folks you approach. I guarantee you the guy was lying in that hospital bed wishing he would have just kept walking. people are crazy, don't mess with them if you are not prepared for some action. that is a hard learned lesson.

dude should have minded his own business and that was not a sucker punch.

"All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." -Abraham Lincoln

You may think the offending action does not merit intervention, but you would intervene, given the right set of circumstances. We all have that line.

You can hear most of the conversation. It is most certainly a sucker punch if breaking a guys head is the unsuspected response to civil discourse. I cannot imagine any defense of this. In my opinion, yours is dangerous and wrong.

Last edited:
Courage is the first word that comes to mind. Standing up for what you believe in no matter the consequences... Now that's what real men are made of.

Also the coward will get what is coming to him seven fold you can count on that.

I have spent ~200+ hrs this year improving our new course. You bet I would intervene, but not so innocently.

Since you have spent that many hours on your new course, it might be wise to carry a can of wasp and hornet spray while playing rounds during insect season . Inside I have a can at my front and back door. It can spray anything within 15-20 ft of you. just aim for the eyes and you will hear cries. I have mine for aggressive lost dogs or a not lost pack of coyotes. I am pretty sure it works on Douchebags also.... Only if there is no other option. A can of spray paint might be less harmful and still make your point. Of course you can't use the excuse "Sorry man, you had a wasp on you" with the spray paint.

Latest posts