• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf in the News

I was just getting ready to post that.

Takes a flare gun to a disc golf course, he must lose a lot of discs deep in the woods.

Me too. here is the image if someone doesn't want to go to the link

peters1.jpg

"Disc Golf Game Goes Bad?" :wall:

Too many people will just see the headline, assume a bunch of pot smoking DG'ers were up to no good, not even read the story,and make a bunch of assumptions. Irresponsible headlines don't help sell the game.

Headline should read,
"Idjit with a Criminal History Assaults Park Patron with a Flare Gun"

That it happened on a course is irrelevant. That someone with a history takes a flare gun with them to the park and decides to threaten someone with it... is the story.

The only found I wanna see in the park are guys with cannons parking holes I'm happy to get a 3 on.

"Disc Golf Game Goes Bad?" :wall:

Too many people will just see the headline, assume a bunch of pot smoking DG'ers were up to no good, not even read the story,and make a bunch of assumptions. Irresponsible headlines don't help sell the game.

Headline should read,
"Idjit with a Criminal History Assaults Park Patron with a Flare Gun"

That it happened on a course is irrelevant. That someone with a history takes a flare gun with them to the park and decides to threaten someone with it... is the story.

The only found I wanna see in the park are guys with cannons parking holes I'm happy to get a 3 on.

That headline is less interesting, though. I like a little narrative in my "news".

According to authorities, Peters told the officers that he got in an argument and warned the other player to leave him alone because he had a flare gun in his bag, but denied ever pulling the flare gun out.

However, officers did not believe Peters' story, since the victim was able to describe the flare gun in detail to them.

Goddanged criminal mastermind right there.

According to authorities, the victim called and said he and Peters were at the fourth hole of the course when Peters became upset and began yelling at him.

He must be a rule Nazi
"I don't need a second b**** a**!! Read the 2020 rules!!"

Plus who plays with a guy with 15 arrests in the last 15 years, including 'terroristic threats'?

Plus who plays with a guy with 15 arrests in the last 15 years, including 'terroristic threats'?

With the obvious exception of prison ink, people don't wear their criminal records on their foreheads for everyone to read. Maybe his cardmates didn't know him that well, or maybe they did and they just wanted to play some DG anyway. We don't know.

Sometimes you get to the course, and end up playing with people you don't know, particularly is it's busy and/or you're playing solo.

Not saying I want to play with criminals, but quite honestly, all I care about is how people conduct themselves then and there. Pretty sure I'd tell you to just go and play ahead if you aimed a flare gun at me.

Anyway I'm there to play disc golf, not to judge anybody. That's what the internetz is for. ;)

We have two known ex-con child molester local players. I refuse to acknowledge them must less play a round of golf with them. Harm a child and you don't exist to me, I don't care how I'm judged because of that.

"Frank Zappa and The Mothers
had the best place around
some stupid with a flare gun
burned the place to the ground"

*** Not sure why but this was the first thing I thought of, lol**

Maybe the victim just found out about the guy's extensive arrest record minutes before and said "I really don't want to finish this round with you" and the asshat said "did you just say you didn't want to finish this round with me? Are you threatening me" LOL. It probably escalated from there because the guy's a douche, and on top of it he can't control himself.

We have two known ex-con child molester local players. I refuse to acknowledge them must less play a round of golf with them. Harm a child and you don't exist to me, I don't care how I'm judged because of that.

Yeah, I wouldn't knowingly play with a child molester.... rapist, terrorist, or murderer for that matter. But I'm not about to run a background check before pairing up to keep course traffic flowing well.

But to Jay Dub's point, it's different when you already know they're a scumbag. Which raises the following personal ethical question:

You register for a tourney, and end up on the same card with a known/convicted pedophile (or whatever other offense might turn your stomach beyond just them just being an ordinary A-hole).

Do you play? Do you leave?
Do you see if the TD is willing move you?

Slightly different twist:
What happens if Player X has a restraining order on Player Y?

Is this worth discussing in a separate thread?

Last edited:

Latest posts