• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf in the News

Really nothing but a transphobic article. Innuendo, supposition and conjecture are the primary framework for the entire story. I am not female, I am not in the group that really has an opinion on the topic. But, if you want to present a problem, you are going to need to have some people that actually speak out. "According to anonymous sources" has become code for fake news today.

Really nothing but a transphobic article. Innuendo, supposition and conjecture are the primary framework for the entire story. I am not female, I am not in the group that really has an opinion on the topic. But, if you want to present a problem, you are going to need to have some people that actually speak out. "According to anonymous sources" has become code for fake news today.

Lol you really think a FPO is going to speak out in opposition? Their disc sales and sponsorships would instantly disappear because tolerance.

I agree that the article is crap on a few levels.

Couldn't disagree more with your last statement. Remember, "fake news" started out as Russian bots posting online articles on websites designed to look like local newspapers. Then Trump turned it around on the MSM with "No, you are fake news."

Reporters have used anonymous sources for years. It's totally plausible that the author talked to two female disc golfers who were threatened by trans players, but didn't want to go on the record under their own names.

can-of-worms1.jpg

Lol you really think a FPO is going to speak out in opposition? Their disc sales and sponsorships would instantly disappear because tolerance.

Don't know. That is an FPO question. Things I know.

1. We were warned that promotion of transphobic rhetoric is highly discouraged.

2. The article posted was a blatant attempt to promote more fear and hate. By both the author of the article and post.

3. I still have no voice in FPO concerns.

I agree that the article is crap on a few levels.

Couldn't disagree more with your last statement. Remember, "fake news" started out as Russian bots posting online articles on websites designed to look like local newspapers. Then Trump turned it around on the MSM with "No, you are fake news."

Reporters have used anonymous sources for years. It's totally plausible that the author talked to two female disc golfers who were threatened by trans players, but didn't want to go on the record under their own names.

I don't know the political or national origins of the term. I only meant that it was "news" that is not real.

It is also totally plausible that the story is all made up for the expressed purpose of promoting his obvious agenda.

How is it transphobic, and do you believe reasonable minds cannot differ on the issue?

How is it transphobic, and do you believe reasonable minds cannot differ on the issue?

A mind driven by unrecognized fear and hate, is not reasonable. The "article" in question, is blatantly promoting an agenda of both.

I have NO desire to continue with this discussion. It has been asked by the mods to find a new home for this and it has nothing to do with me.

I wish all participants good luck in furthering this gibberish.

A mind driven by unrecognized fear and hate, is not reasonable. The "article" in question, is blatantly promoting an agenda of both.

I have NO desire to continue with this discussion. It has been asked by the mods to find a new home for this and it has nothing to do with me.

I wish all participants good luck in furthering this gibberish.

I know you have no desire to continue, but your answer was non-responsive and you built a strawman. You really do not seem to have an open mind on the issue at all.

Part of the the problem is the term " transphobic", it places participants on one side in an unwarranted position of power.

You guys should go to the politics sections and check out the recent posts in the LGBTQIA thread, trust me.

Fact of the matter is no one gets to just subjectively define who they are and then you have to except it, except trans people it seems. I can't identify as a 12 year old and then play juniors at worlds and go "WELL THIS IS WHO I AM AS A PERSON!". If I did no one would go along with it because it's objectively not true and ridiculous. Then people would say hey dude you're not 12, you can't play against 12 year old kids because of the obvious inherent advantages you hold and oh yeah you're a 40 year old dude. If you speak the same away about trans people playing against women all of a sudden you're a transphobe and a bigot and all sorts of nasty words people want to put on you. It's almost impossible to have a rational discussion about it.

Last edited:
Same as religious poeople using the word blasphemy.

What does that have to do with anything here?

You guys should go to the politics sections and check out the recent posts in the LGBTQIA thread, trust me.

Why? So I can be called names like, "transphobe" or have people project negative emotions on me and be told I am hateful even though I am nothing of the sort? Then watch the mods split the threads off giving one a snarky name making fun of those involved?

Hard pass.

Fact of the matter is no one gets to just subjectively define who they are and then you have to except it, except trans people it seems.

I doubt I can change your mind, but given the way you worded this, I'll give it "the old college try".

Embedded implicitly in your statement is something that I think you accept, that people who are gay don't (subjectively) choose to be gay. You accept that gay people exist and that this is not down to choice.

Assuming that you do accept this, ask yourself whether, if being gay is not a choice, what the differenece is between that and being trans?

Latest posts