• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf in the News

Mine will if she can see it.

My Golden would go under to retreive a golf ball or something that he saw me throw.

It would probably take some training to get a dog to dive for something it doesn't know is there and then I wonder how deep it would go, maybe 2 feet deep?

My Golden would go under to retreive a golf ball or something that he saw me throw.

It would probably take some training to get a dog to dive for something it doesn't know is there and then I wonder how deep it would go, maybe 2 feet deep?

The legendary Bear Dawg (owned by Chris Roberts - RIP) would go 4-5 for discs. Bear was also named the Golden Rake (top volunteer) winner at USDGC in 2011. He retrieved literally thousands of discs at events over his lifetime. My dog is the offspring of one of Chris' other dogs.

The legendary Bear Dawg (owned by Chris Roberts - RIP) would go 4-5 for discs. Bear was also named the Golden Rake (top volunteer) winner at USDGC in 2011. He retrieved literally thousands of discs at events over his lifetime. My dog is the offspring of one of Chris' other dogs.

Bear and the homemade ice cream were two great reasons to visit the USDGC back then.

This thread seems like a good place for this. PDGA releases new Adaptive Rules for Disc Golf

Jeff is one of our locals here and has been working with the Paralyzed Vets of America for years doing disc golf clinics. Most rewarding day I have ever spent at a disc golf course was helping out with one of those clinics.
Looks good. I remember a discussion with the PDGA in the early 90s where we allowed a player with one leg to place their crutch behind the marker to meet the stance rule for throwing. Presumably that will officially be allowed with this rules addendum.

Once tested, it may make sense to just make these rules THE rules for the game so everyone can play under the same set without special exceptions. In a lifetime sport, players will go through times with temporary and sometimes permanent challenges and the rules would remain the same.

Looks good. I remember a discussion with the PDGA in the early 90s where we allowed a player with one leg to place their crutch behind the marker to meet the stance rule for throwing. Presumably that will officially be allowed with this rules addendum.

Once tested, it may make sense to just make these rules THE rules for the game so everyone can play under the same set without special exceptions. In a lifetime sport, players will go through times with temporary and sometimes permanent challenges and the rules would remain the same.

For the Rules of Play, note that there aren't really a lot of special rules, more an explanation of how the existing rules apply. Also, some of the things the TD could have done anyway are presumed to have been declared.

(A crutch has been recognized as a supporting point for a while now.)

For the Rules of Play, note that there aren't really a lot of special rules, more an explanation of how the existing rules apply. Also, some of the things the TD could have done anyway are presumed to have been declared.

(A crutch has been recognized as a supporting point for a while now.)
What I'm referring to is allowing 3m relief from OB and up to 2m behind lie for a stance as examples to become standard rules, not just for physically challenged players.

Yes, I'm aware this is just a YouTube clip, and not any sort of news article or TV coverage, but..

It's pretty freakin' remarkable, and this feels like the right thread to post it in.

Dude even has an ITB:

Last edited:

Latest posts