• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf made Sportscenter Top 10!

I swore I heard the guy say "I love me some frolf"

My wife and I groaned, but that's just because we are arrogant disc golfers.....

Guessing this is the first time ever for DG on SC?

I think the guy falling off the tee pad was on the not top 10, but I could be wrong, maybe it just circulated facebook and youtube a lot and didn't go that far. I think this is the first time a serious, and good shot has been featured.

There is a guy at ESPN that has been trying to get it on top10 for the past few big events but no one had caught a tourney ace on video. This is so awesome even if it's just one clip on a daily segment

Maybe first time on Sportscenter, per se....But wasn't there a clip from a college dual meet right before a big ESPN basketball or football game about a year ago?

When is ESPN going to air the top 10 disc golf shots of all time?

Seriously though, it is really nice to finally see DG crack the top 10.

Last edited:

Sportscenter, yes, ESPN, no.

Certainly the first time it's been on prime time on ESPN. It was on Wide World of Sports a few times back when I was quite a bit younger, but that was always more of a "fringe sport" show anyway.

Well it "grow the sport?" Meh, doubtful. But we can all revel in the fact that this game that we play, some of us for decades, some of us for mere days, is on the biggest sports platform in the world!

Incredible shot over water, beautiful setting, ecstatic crowd reaction…pretty sweet all around. I'd say this is a pretty good intro for the masses. Mark it, Dude.

Maybe first time on Sportscenter, per se....But wasn't there a clip from a college dual meet right before a big ESPN basketball or football game about a year ago?

Yes. It was a segment preceding an SEC football rivalry game, if I recall correctly. Perhaps Ole Miss-Miss St., perhaps not.

And now all the housepets whose owners leave Sportscenter on for them know about disc golf!

:D

Honestly though, this is pretty cool. Too bad they didn't get Will's ace as well. Maybe this will create some broadcast interest on ESPN 8 the Ocho

For SportsCenter top 10, it has to be an ace on a scenic hole like that. In order for someone not into the game to care at all you need to show something like a 'hole in one' for people to go ah, I get it.

This year's Memorial was an enormous success. A thrilling hole 18 finish to push a playoff, Nate Doss ace on SportsCenter and really good live coverage from Terry. Things are looking positive.

One thing I noticed was that only about 3000+ people were watching the Smashboxx live feed at the end of the tournament. That number needs to climb to 10,000+ to see some real advertisers wanting to get interested.

There was a Sports Center top 10 a few years back where some kids did some trick shots into a disc golf basket while on ice skates. I can't find the link but I know it happened. I don't know if I consider that to be disc golf on Sports Center but it is close.

Latest posts