• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Meccas

Hard to beat Ludington. :thmbup:

Not sure if it meets your criteria, but I'd say the Pittsburgh area (although Cranberry Township might be more accurate), with big hitters in the line up, like: No Boundary, Moraine, Deer Lakes, Knob Hill, along with some excellent role players:

Big Beaver
IUP College
Sugar Creek Park

Last edited:
Hard to beat Ludington. :thmbup:

Not sure if it meets your criteria, but I'd say the Pittsburgh area (although Cranberry Township might be more accurate), with big hitters in the line up, like: No Boundary, Moraine, Deer Lakes, Knob Hill, along with some excellent role players:

Big Beaver
IUP College
Sugar Creek Park

No criteria. I like travelling. Or at least dreaming of travelling. Just wanting to spark some casual convo.

I'm going to throw Ann Arbor area in the mix. Recent upgrades and expansions in a couple courses makes a difference.

The Stars

Hudson Mills 48 holes, good quality
Independence Lakes 36 holes, terrific quality
Lakeshore 36 holes, solid quality
Kensington 36 holes good quality......plus a part time 18 holes with Toboggan, top quality

That is 174 holes of really top notch disc golf

Supporting cast

Rolling Hills 36 holes, plus a putting course
Gulch 18 holes
Northridge Church 18 holes
Lyon's Den 18 holes
Cass Benton 18 holes

All within 20 miles of one another. There are about a dozen additional courses that are not destination courses.
Good eats, entertainment, breweries and attractions
A chance to play with BogeyNoMore!!!

"No criteria" is pretty open-ended. If you want to play a lot of very good courses in one place, Charlotte, NC will do. At the other end of the spectrum, Flyboy is an experience that, as a single course that's hard to get onto, should suffice. DeLaveaga might be the same, for fame and history.

There are now dozens of places with a lot of excellent disc golf in close proximity.

I'm going to throw Ann Arbor area in the mix. Recent upgrades and expansions in a couple courses makes a difference.

The Stars

Kensington 36 holes good quality......plus a part time 18 holes with Toboggan, top quality

Supporting cast

Gulch 18 holes
Lyon's Den 18 holes
Cass Benton 18 holes

All within 20 miles of one another. There are about a dozen additional courses that are not destination courses.

No BRATS on your Ann Arbor list?

The Stars

Supporting cast

Gulch 18 holes
Lyon's Den 18 holes
Cass Benton 18 holes

Not to mention the ongoing install of Bald Mountain, which is going to be by far the most challenging layout of all of them.

"No criteria" is pretty open-ended. If you want to play a lot of very good courses in one place, Charlotte, NC will do. At the other end of the spectrum, Flyboy is an experience that, as a single course that's hard to get onto, should suffice. DeLaveaga might be the same, for fame and history.

There are now dozens of places with a lot of excellent disc golf in close proximity.

Wow! That DGCR map is HEAVILY populated! It would take the majority of a month to hit every one of those!

I would nominate Emporia, KS.

Id love to spend a day or two there and hit up Peter Pan, Country Club, Jones et al. Plus Dynamic Discs store is there. I could even stop by Harmony Bends and the new Eagles Nest or whatever it's called on the way.

Charlotte's offers a lot of quality in a fairly compact area.

Hobbs Farm is only about 20 min from Fly Boy.

After playing Beaver Ranch, I took the following screenshot:

vAmYgBp.jpg

I'd call it a "mecca" using your loose criteria. I only wish that I'd had more time in the area.

Not to mention the ongoing install of Bald Mountain, which is going to be by far the most challenging layout of all of them.

If the existing 13 holes are any indication of what the full 18 will be... :thmbup: But that's about a good hour NE of Indy Lake and Hudson Mills.

In addition to Bald Mtn, that part of town offers:
Stony Creek: 36 holes of 3.75'ish quality DG
Addison Oaks: Currently 24 holes of 3.75'ish quality DG (pending redesign will make it 18).
Plus a few other courses that are in the 3.0-3.5 range.

If you're driving in from out of state, their worth fitting into a trip (time permitting), but not all that close to Ann Arbor.

Last edited:
If the existing 13 holes are any indication of what the full 18 will be... :thmbup: But that's about a good hour NE of Indy Lake and Hudson Mills.

In addition to Bald Mtn, that part of town offers:
Stony Creek: 36 holes of 3.75'ish quality DG
Addison Oaks: Currently 24 holes of 3.75'ish quality DG (pending redesign will make it 18).
Plus a few other courses that are in the 3.0-3.5 range.

If you're driving in from out of state, their worth fitting into a trip, but not all that close to Ann Arbor.
True, true. I was thinking of Kensington as the central location, though I know you specified Ann Arbor. Its about 23 miles from those courses (for non-locals: Kensington = Toboggan, 2 Black Locust layouts)

I'm excited to see the final product. I have been up to Bald a handful of times now. 13 fairways, but the 6 short tees are worth playing as well, and overall totally worth a 90 minute drive to play. I usually do 13 w/ shorts, and then 2 sets of 13 all longs.

I will definitely have to read thru that, thanks!

Although "A" mecca and "The" mecca are 2 different conversations. Highbridge Hills, Mellen, WI would have no place in "The" but definitely fits into "A"

Interesting as you have never been to Highbridge. How would you know??? I've played a lot of disc golf. I know of very few place where you can show up, park your car, never have to drive again and play6 different courses. As for Destination Cities, there are quite a bit of those check out the Quad cities of Iowa and Illinois, Twin Cities, Caliber and Farragot area of Idaho. Honestly, by now I imagine that every state has at least one serious destination spot with multiple courses around. So come on people speak up, let's hear what your state's packing!!!

Latest posts