• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf piece on a nightly newscast

I can't wait for the day when every news story or article about the sport doesn't have to start with a careful disclaimer like "whoa, here's something you've NEVER heard of!". One of these days... eventually.

But yeah, that was a well-done story and a good snapshot of the sport. Makes me want to drive an hour and finally hit the courses in Leicester! (I just moved to Boston.)

I can't wait for the day when every news story or article about the sport doesn't have to start with a careful disclaimer like "whoa, here's something you've NEVER heard of!". One of these days... eventually.

But yeah, that was a well-done story and a good snapshot of the sport. Makes me want to drive an hour and finally hit the courses in Leicester! (I just moved to Boston.)

When I was playing Borderland state park I ran into a guy that said Leicester was better, I just doesn't seem possible, I wish I could have made it there. BTW checked out your site, I love that pic of #11 in Aspen.

Did anyone else notice that they guy in the beginning of the video came very close to getting an ace?:eek:

I thought it was a great video till the reporter slipped up and said "You throw your Frisbee", then later she said disc again.

Of course Mrs. Jenkins is always nice to look at. She is the Dolly Parton of Disc Golf.:D

I thought it was a great video till the reporter slipped up and said "You throw your Frisbee", then later she said disc again.

Of course Mrs. Jenkins is always nice to look at. She is the Dolly Parton of Disc Golf.:D

Now Now midnight. Don't get blinded by the headlights.

Last edited:
Glad someone caught this and posted it here! A while back (before the advent of DVR), my brother was in a different room of his house and heard a disc golf piece on the local news...by the time he ran in there to catch the story, they'd moved on to something else...Oh, how nice it is to have that "REW" button on our cable TV remotes nowadays!!!

Now Now midnight. Don't get blinded by the headlights.

I tried to cover my eyes, but I just kept peeking.:eek:

I had a very interesting thing happen a couple of weeks ago along this line...

I am always trying to help new people and I saw 2 gals trying to play and it was evident that they had some raw ability but did not know what they were doing. So being the gentlemen I am I offered my assistance.

Both of them were, how shall I say, well endowed and because of this they were having trouble bringing the disc through properly on their drives. I am not sure how many shades of red I turned trying to help them learn to get them things out of the way. But they seemed to be having a jolly time with my discomfort.:eek:

We ended up playing 2 rounds and they invited me come back the next day. They were in the area for some training with the coast guard and wanted another lesson before they left. I was not able to do it because of work.

Anyway I thought you would enjoy the story.:D

I had a very interesting thing happen a couple of weeks ago along this line...

I am always trying to help new people and I saw 2 gals trying to play and it was evident that they had some raw ability but did not know what they were doing. So being the gentlemen I am I offered my assistance.

Both of them were, how shall I say, well endowed and because of this they were having trouble bringing the disc through properly on their drives. I am not sure how many shades of red I turned trying to help them learn to get them things out of the way. But they seemed to be having a jolly time with my discomfort.:eek:

We ended up playing 2 rounds and they invited me come back the next day. They were in the area for some training with the coast guard and wanted another lesson before they left. I was not able to do it because of work.

Anyway I thought you would enjoy the story.:D

I hope you are married and that is why you didn't get any phone numbers

The NFL have their own network, MLB the same......... Do I see a DG channel in the near future? Hope so.
As long as more news coverage picks up the sport.

Latest posts