• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Prodigy

discspeed

* Ace Member *
Does anyone know anything about this company? The only thing I can find when I search is apparel with their logo for retail. I've heard some rumors that some top pros are leaving their sponsors to go with these guys, but it's a pretty tough claim to investigate since I can't even find out anything about the company. Any of you other insiders hear anything about this?

Nope. I'll ask around a bit, and see what turns up.

The logos on the shirts are terrible!

I also heard that this is affecting one or several top Innova pros, and that Innova is pissed. So pissed that they making their team members (not Climo though) write a letter about why they want to represent Innova and then they will decide who they want to keep...Sounds crazy, but it was from a pretty reputable source. I guess we will eventually know for sure because if all I was told was true it will be one of the biggest shakeups our sport has seen.

discspeed said:
I also heard that this is affecting one or several top Innova pros, and that Innova is pissed. So pissed that they making their team members (not Climo though) write a letter about why they want to represent Innova and then they will decide who they want to keep...Sounds crazy, but it was from a pretty reputable source. I guess we will eventually know for sure because if all I was told was true it will be one of the biggest shakeups our sport has seen.

Good! Innova has too many sponsored pros, anyways, I'm sure they're ready to clean house a bit.

In California, Legacy is beginning to take on a lot of sponsored pros. Barsby is with them, now (as well as Westside). I think more will go to them as their bag fills up, they are VERY generous.

I think Innova and the sport would be better served if they only sponsored a few guys, but actually paid all their touring expenses along with bonuses for winning/placing. Show the super talented youth that there is a viable path to being a touring pro without having a benefactor and we will see the quality of the pro game improve.

Anyway, back to crazy rumors. What is this "Disc Golf Prodigy" enigma? Are they going to just break onto the scene with a whole line of discs or something? How could they afford to offer deals that lure players from other companies? Lot's of questions here if this stuff pans out at all.

I heard there is going to be a death match to see who gets to go to this new company. A disc golf Thunderdome.

I just started this thread because if this is crazy and never happens, no one will remember...But if it does happen...

Now if you google disc golf prodigy this thread is one of the top hits. It still seems funny to me that a search engine would send someone into our little corner here.

Algorithms at work, lots of people from here whom have this site in their google history searching for "disc golf prodigy", links will be made :)

discspeed said:
I think Innova and the sport would be better served if they only sponsored a few guys, but actually paid all their touring expenses along with bonuses for winning/placing...

Couldn't agree more! Cut it down to the cream of the crop, the guys and gals who are true champions, and who consistently represent the sport with class. Give them a hotline to a travel agent, a company credit card, and an annual equipment budget they can use for themselves and to donate to worthy projects. Hook them up the same way the big surfing companies hook up their top pros.

bcr123psu said:
Frank Delicious said:
I heard there is going to be a death match to see who gets to go to this new company. A disc golf Thunderdome.

With or without Tina Turner?

I vote for: with!

Bringing the unsubstantiated DGCR rumor mill over to DGR eh?

The only thing you get when you google "disc golf prodigy" is a bunch of shitty youtube videos and some half assed cafe-press shirts. Can you show us what you are referencing?

Yeah dude I'm curious, I haven't heard a whiff of this Prodigy at all.
All that would mean is that they don't yet have something to sell to us in Austin. It could exist in a big way and we could not hear it.

What's with the Barsby shirt that says Deity Discs? It's got a DD-ish logo, and there are no google results for that name. Since DD is taken as an approved brand name, and the separate but equal disc brand name would lessen retailer conflict, I'm inclined to believe Deity Discs is worth being confused about. And I mean, Deity... nobody treats/markets pros like fuckin gods like DD :)

OBVIOUS THREAD JOKE below.
i swear discspeed i'm not talking shit to you personally with these... i thought it was funny considering the level of rumory going on lately. obviously this is the least rabid rumor thread around, so it's not the joke. the modified DGR logo... well, cuz DGers been chattin like a buncha lil girls lately. DGR clearly being a thousand miles above the clouds on that front. thanks for being hip y'all.

dgrumors.jpg

dgrthrower.jpg

^^^that shit is funny, sneak peak on the next stamp for dgr discs

also, Mr. Discgolf=Prodigy

cubeofsoup said:
Bringing the unsubstantiated DGCR rumor mill over to DGR eh?

The only thing you get when you google "disc golf prodigy" is a bunch of shitty youtube videos and some half assed cafe-press shirts. Can you show us what you are referencing?

A couple of Innova's top ranked players(the younger of which is allegedly involved) live here so there is a source of good info, however the guy who told me about this may well have filled in some of the gaps in the story himself. I'm pretty confident on the big players changing sponsors and Innova being pissed. This Disc Golf Prodigy is the part of his story I'm not that solid on. With the big moves by DD we're seeing here right now, I'm wondering if they could be the ones luring big names in.

Flipflat said:

yup...i am a marvelous guy....thanks Joe....but im not disc golf prodigy. its not muh bag, baby.
but i have some knowledge whom it might be.......and ill leave it at that :)

From the Innova web site:
This year the Innova team season officially ends on November 30th. A new team roster will be announced shortly after the first of the year. We are already looking forward to continuing Innova's tradition of excellence in 2013.

Smart move from Innova getting out in front of this and making it look like this was their idea.
But, from what i have heard, it was most def not.

Solty said:
Flipflat said:

yup...i am a marvelous guy....thanks Joe....but im not disc golf prodigy. its not muh bag, baby.
but i have some knowledge whom it might be.......and ill leave it at that :)
boooooooooo

Latest posts