• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Road Trip 2016

deralick99

Hello there fellow golfers!
So me and my buddy are heading out on a 6 state road trip from Colorado to Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Oregon, Washington and Utah and back to Colorado. We have 12 days and Im just looking for must play courses along the way, after doing some research Ive come across almost 40 courses that I wanna play hahaha but of course I have to narrow it down. Some of the must play courses are :

Diamond X in Billings, Montana
Tree Top DGC in The Dalles, Oregon
Hornings Hideout in North Plains, Oregon
Pier Park in Portland, Oregon
Solitude DGC in SLC, Utah

Any input on courses that are must plays are greatly appreciated! Still looking around for courses to play in Montana, Idaho, and Washington.

Thanks guys!

Derek

In Montana, Blue Mountain in Missoula was good fun, Bailey, Beaver Ranch, and CMC in Leadville, and CMC in Glenwood Springs are all great.

If you have a suitable off road vehicle, hit up Base Camp Adventure Lodge in Moab, Utah. My favorite course I've played.

When are you going? If it's in the next month or so, some of the mountain courses may not be open.

But if you come through Steamboat Spings on your back into Colorado stop and play our courses.

I've got to tell you you're going to want to play Milo and Whistler's Bend when you're in Oregon.

I've got to tell you you're going to want to play Milo and Whistler's Bend when you're in Oregon.

I agree with Monty with Whistler's Bend being the top priority. Also Dexter Park, just 15 miles from Eugene is a nice stopover.

In Washington, none compare to Oregon's great courses. Shelton Springs is the highest rated and probably the most challenging but for a real Northwest feel, try NAD in Bremerton. Lakewood Park in south Seattle and Fort Steilacoom in Lakewood (Tacoma) would be my next choices and are all in the same general south Puget Sound area.

And if you're driving on I-90 coming from Idaho, I recommend stopping in Spokane and playing Down River and Camp Sekani Jamboree.

In Colorado, Beaver Ranch is amazing and not to be missed.

2014 Pro Worlds Courses:
Milo
Blue Lake
Pier
McCormick
Trojan

Others in Portland Area worth playing:
Hornings
Buxton Woods
Dabney
Timber

South of Portland:
Champoeg (Newberg)
Wheatland (Gervais)
Bryant (Albany)
Adair (Corvallis)
Dexter (Eugene)
Whistler's Bend (Roseburg)

Twin Falls ID has some fun courses. Green River UT has a nice course on the ball golf course $5 green fee, $5 for the cart. Also, the River Bend course near Grand Junction CO is great.

I would strongly suggest Farragut State Park in Athol, ID. Downriver in Spokane is a fun one (also my home course for the first 10 years of my dg carreer) also in Spokane Camp Sekani is fun but very technical.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I would skip Tree Top DGC, especially if you're going to play it on a Sunday. It's a nice course, but there are some really nice courses closer to Portland.

Washington = Shelton Springs

Then when you are there, see if you can find someone to show you Hoodsport Hills,(20 minutes away) it's still under construction, but the lower 9 holes are playable.
It's going to be the best course in Washington hands down, and probably even the whole NW

here are the best courses to hit on a loop from diamond x back to bengal ridge (imo, from what i've played) :
I90->seattle
blue mt, missoula
cherry hill, coeur d alene - right next to I90, easy stop
camp sekani, spokane

I5->portland (there are many in seattle/portland take 2 days & hit the best)
seatac, seattle
pier park, portland

I84->pocatello
dabney, troutdale(portland)
tree top, the dalles
pendleton - just to break up the drive to boise
ann morrison, boise
lake walcott, rupert - good place to camp
bengal ridge, pocatello

Shelton is great. Top class golf. But, and no offense to my neighbors to the north, Oregon has better courses on the whole.

Don't come to Oregon for DG and skip Milo. That would be dumb. Very very dumb. Horning's is neat, and can make a great fuill day of golf if you combine it with Buxton, but nothing beat Milo.
Pier is special, and is a must play (I'm pretty biased though - I live a couple miles away). If you have the time, definitely make that drive down I-5 to Whistler's. Whistler's is epic. Adair near Corvallis is very good (Nate Sexton's home course - he designed a bunch of the holes), and worth the stop if you are going to drive south to Whistler's. But if you only have time for one stop heading south, make it Dexter. Both Adair and Dexter are great, but Dexter is more better.

Shelton is great. Top class golf. But, and no offense to my neighbors to the north, Oregon has better courses on the whole.

Don't come to Oregon for DG and skip Milo. That would be dumb. Very very dumb. Horning's is neat, and can make a great fuill day of golf if you combine it with Buxton, but nothing beat Milo.
Pier is special, and is a must play (I'm pretty biased though - I live a couple miles away). If you have the time, definitely make that drive down I-5 to Whistler's. Whistler's is epic. Adair near Corvallis is very good (Nate Sexton's home course - he designed a bunch of the holes), and worth the stop if you are going to drive south to Whistler's. But if you only have time for one stop heading south, make it Dexter. Both Adair and Dexter are great, but Dexter is more better.

This is pretty spot-on.

Latest posts