• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Rule Nazi Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have spoken with the PDGA including the person at the very top. All of this has been communicated with them. Please feel free to "assume" anything that you would like to. I have been in communication with them since the very first moment this all came to light and have given them all of the information as well as filed an official appeal letter. It honestly baffles me why some people have such a strange fascination with what other people do.

It honestly baffles me why some people think they are above the rules.

I just want to know why you played in a PDGA event while you were under PDGA suspension?

Your name was on the list before the event, and your name remains on the list after the event. You are not allowed to play in PDGA events until at least 30 days AFTER all your past due fees have been paid. Even if the past due fees were paid in full on April 10th, (when you claim you found out you were suspended) you would still be suspended for another week.

It honestly baffles me why some people think they are above the rules.

I just want to know why you played in a PDGA event while you were under PDGA suspension?

Your name was on the list before the event, and your name remains on the list after the event. You are not allowed to play in PDGA events until at least 30 days AFTER all your past due fees have been paid. Even if the past due fees were paid in full on April 10th, (when you claim you found out you were suspended) you would still be suspended for another week.

You know what? I don't have to explain myself to YOU. I have explained myself to the people that actually matter in this situation.

I am not above the rules, nor do I feel the need to explain myself to someone that has a personal vendetta against me, plus someone that has acknowledged ignoring some rules in certain situations. Since the very beginning you are assuming things that are not true without even all the facts. I have been in constant communications with the proper people that make these decisions, I have followed the proper rules, including filing an official written appeal. The PDGA knows all of the information and I have been in communication with them (including correspondence this morning), they actually have all the information.

Can you seriously please explain to me why you have such a unhealthily fascination with me?

You know what, it looks like I signed up for yet another event while I am suspended.

http://www.pdga.com/tour/event/16991

I am so good that I am playing in an event in California while I am camping with my kids in South Dakota? How the heck is that even possible?

Can you seriously please explain to me why you have such a unhealthily fascination with me?

Could it be because you said all of this?

Seriously people, what is the purpose to have rules if you follow them whenever you want to?

So please explain why if that rule exists it's ok to not follow it?

First of all this is not a direct attack on CGKDISC or Discette but isn't it kinda disturbing that both of them have said they have been part of the PDGA rules committee, and yet here they have basically said they are ok and have ignored specific rules in the rule book because the rule isn't that important and it's just easier to come to a different solution.

...but if even the people on the rules committee don't care enough for the integrity of the rules, is the state of the PDGA even way worse then it seems?

So please explain to me when the rules are real and must be followed and when there can be exceptions. Is there a new rule book coming up with asterisks or highlighted lines so we can know when the rules must be followed and when we can just do what ever makes us all warm and fuzzy on the inside?

What rules are to be followed and what rules ambiguous. In this situation the rule is very clear on what must happen if the situation occurs. There are situation in the rule book that leaves certain things up to TD judgement calls. This specific situation it does not. It clearly gives an exact determination what must happen if the situation occurs.

And I am sorry for the slippery slope argument, but it is 100% valid. If a rule is clearly defined and some people choose not to follow it, then why should any rules be followed? What is the point of even having a rule book if it's just up to each individual judgement?

Do you understand the definition of required? It doesn't say, "required, except..." it says required. There is nothing there that would allow you as the TD to make a judgement call there.

I would decided to follow the damn rules as they are written...just like everyone should especially people that are supposedly involved with making the rules themselves.

And its not lawyering up...its understanding basic English and actually having integrity

The slippery slope... In this situation is someone that claims to be involves in an official capacity with making rules inside the pdga...that openly admits he doesn't even follow the rules.

You know what, it looks like I signed up for yet another event while I am suspended.

http://www.pdga.com/tour/event/16991

I am so good that I am playing in an event in California while I am camping with my kids in South Dakota? How the heck is that even possible?

You do realize that the Jeff Harris in that event isn't claiming to be a member (no number), nor is he laying claim to being Jeff Harris #34207 (the suspended Jeff Harris, aka YOU). No one believes the Jeff Harris in SoCal is you. Why you even bring it up is baffling.

Suzette identified a Jeff Harris using PDGA #34207 having played in an event last weekend despite Jeff Harris #34207 still appearing on the suspended list. Sorry, even without the history here, that raises eyebrows for people.

All you have to say is that you've spoken to Andrew or Brian at PDGA HQ and they cleared you to play and the conversation is over. But for whatever reason, the part about clearing you to play is missing from your posts. You say you're in touch with them, filed a letter of appeal, etc. That's great. Have you been cleared to play tournaments again? It's a simple question with a simple answer.

I have difficulty believing that simply filing the appeal gets you off the suspended list. Appeal processes take time. If the appeal has been heard and you're vindicated, congrats. Otherwise, you're breaking the rules still.

You do realize that the Jeff Harris in that event isn't claiming to be a member (no number), nor is he laying claim to being Jeff Harris #34207 (the suspended Jeff Harris, aka YOU). No one believes the Jeff Harris in SoCal is you. Why you even bring it up is baffling.

Suzette identified a Jeff Harris using PDGA #34207 having played in an event last weekend despite Jeff Harris #34207 still appearing on the suspended list. Sorry, even without the history here, that raises eyebrows for people.

All you have to say is that you've spoken to Andrew or Brian at PDGA HQ and they cleared you to play and the conversation is over. But for whatever reason, the part about clearing you to play is missing from your posts. You say you're in touch with them, filed a letter of appeal, etc. That's great. Have you been cleared to play tournaments again? It's a simple question with a simple answer. If yes, we're done here. If no, you're in the wrong, like it or not.

The point of that was two fold...first of all there were two "Jeff Harris's" at the Wintertime Open this year even though for some reason the second one is now not listed in the final scores. And second of all the point was, you should have all the information before you start posting stuff online, because not everything is as it may appear online without all the information.

I have spoken many times with the PDGA, I have complied with everything they have told me to do and I have been open and honest with everything pertaining to this entire situation with them. To the point that they have removed the second PDGA from record and merged the two. We have an arrangement in place between the PDGA and I to rectify this situation and it seems to be to their satisfaction.

I know I shouldn't care what people post about me, especially someone specific in this situation that seems to have a vendetta against me. But I do care, I don't think it's right to just accuse people of things online without any kind of ramifications (and yes I can admit that I have been guilty of this myself, and is a huge lesson learned).

As for this situation, people can assume and accuse me of what ever they want to, but without full knowledge of the situation, they are just spouting garbage. This incident is solely between myself and the PDGA and I just don't understand the need for someone specifically to make this their personal crusade when it has nothing to do with them.

The point of that was two fold...first of all there were two "Jeff Harris's" at the Wintertime Open this year even though for some reason the second one is now not listed in the final scores. And second of all the point was, you should have all the information before you start posting stuff online, because not everything is as it may appear online without all the information.

I have spoken many times with the PDGA, I have complied with everything they have told me to do and I have been open and honest with everything pertaining to this entire situation with them. To the point that they have removed the second PDGA from record and merged the two. We have an arrangement in place between the PDGA and I to rectify this situation and it seems to be to their satisfaction.

I know I shouldn't care what people post about me, especially someone specific in this situation that seems to have a vendetta against me. But I do care, I don't think it's right to just accuse people of things online without any kind of ramifications (and yes I can admit that I have been guilty of this myself, and is a huge lesson learned).

As for this situation, people can assume and accuse me of what ever they want to, but without full knowledge of the situation, they are just spouting garbage. This incident is solely between myself and the PDGA and I just don't understand the need for someone specifically to make this their personal crusade when it has nothing to do with them.

I think you may have missed the glaring point....

Did you get PDGA approval to play last weekend, because that wasn't even a month long suspension? It's not a witch hunt to me at all, but a very simple question and answer.

Yes, or no?

That's all well and good. All we want to know is that the PDGA has cleared you to play (which you still haven't explicitly answered. No vendettas, just curiosity.

No one cares nor asked about the details of how you've worked things out with the PDGA. The question is whether or not you have been explicitly told you can play PDGA tournaments again. Your continuing presence on the suspended list leads us to think not. But if that is simply a clerical error on their part, SAY SO. Stop dancing around it.

I think you may have missed the glaring point....

Did you get PDGA approval to play last weekend, because that wasn't even a month long suspension? It's not a witch hunt to me at all, but a very simple question and answer.

Yes, or no?

The answer is the same as it has been all day... This situation has been fully communicated with myself and the PDGA including conversations for the last few weeks including today between myself and the director of the PDGA.

And I don't want to be rude, but this situation is between myself and the governing body of this sport, and with no one else. If you feel you are so entitled to all of the details why don't you contact the PDGA and ask them for it?

That's all well and good. All we want to know is that the PDGA has cleared you to play (which you still haven't explicitly answered. No vendettas, just curiosity.

No one cares nor asked about the details of how you've worked things out with the PDGA. The question is whether or not you have been explicitly told you can play PDGA tournaments again. Your continuing presence on the suspended list leads us to think not. But if that is simply a clerical error on their part, SAY SO. Stop dancing around it.

Once again, not trying to be rude, I really don't have to answer to you or anyone else on here. It's a private matter, and just like if the situation was reversed, I would expect you to divludge that information.

The situation is in the process of being rectified and to the PDGA's satisfaction.

"Why won't people let this drop?!! AAAAAAAH"

*posts again in the same thread that exposed him as a hypocritical jerk*

First of all because people are making false accusations against me and second of all please explain to me how I am a hypocritical jerk?

The answer is the same as it has been all day... This situation has been fully communicated with myself and the PDGA including conversations for the last few weeks including today between myself and the director of the PDGA.

And I don't want to be rude, but this situation is between myself and the governing body of this sport, and with no one else. If you feel you are so entitled to all of the details why don't you contact the PDGA and ask them for it?

What is there to hide? Frankly all the details you've already posted are things that are between you and the PDGA and none of our business, yet you've posted them. All that matters to anyone else is YES OR NO. Five or six posts from you so far, none answering the all important question.

The more you avoid answering, the more inclined I am to think you don't have their explicit permission to resume playing events, you know it, and now you're caught having screwed up again and don't want to admit it.

You're the one who made yourself a target by screaming up and down about how people should follow the rules to...the...letter. Now we're asking if you are actually playing by the rules to...the...letter. Are you?

inquiring_minds_logo.png

What is there to hide? Frankly all the details you've already posted are things that are between you and the PDGA and none of our business, yet you've posted them. All that matters to anyone else is YES OR NO. Five or six posts from you so far, none answering the all important question.

The more you avoid answering, the more inclined I am to think you don't have their explicit permission to resume playing events, you know it, and you now you're caught having screwed up again and don't want to admit it.

You're the one who made yourself a target by screaming up and down about how people should follow the rules to...the...letter. Now we're asking if you are actually playing by the rules to...the...letter. Are you?

I haven't screwed up again, I have completely followed the rules. I have at no time knowingly broken any rules so you can accuse me of anything you want but you are simply 100% wrong.

And here is the rub, I go back to being silent on here, and everyone gets to read into that what ever they want to assume...heck by the end of the day who know's what insane conspiracy theories you all can come up to accuse me of.

I haven't screwed up again, I have completely followed the rules. I have at no time knowingly broken any rules so you can accuse me of anything you want but you are simply 100% wrong.

And here is the rub, I go back to being silent on here, and everyone gets to read into that what ever they want to assume...heck by the end of the day who know's what insane conspiracy theories you all can come up to accuse me of.

No one would read into anything if you just answered the question. Cripes, you are so concerned about what people are "accusing" you of, yet you refuse to answer the one question that would quell all the "accusations" and allow the whole thing to die.

_MTL_, did you somehow possess Harris....? Inquiring minds want to know!

Status
Not open for further replies.