• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Shoes!!!

Looking to find some quality yet moderately priced shoes for disc golf.
I just bought a pair of nice hiking/athletic shoes but with a little rain on
the course today managed to fall and bust my a$$ by simply following
through on a drive. Any suggestions are welcome!!! Thank you!

Just got a pair of merrell's for Christmas and have played probably 60-70 rounds if not more. No ass busting and no wear in them at all. Best shoe I've ever owned.

Ive been rocking the Merrell Vibram Continuum for going on my 3rd season now with little sign of wear. I have a buddy who will buy cheap shoes for playing and he goes through them in less than a season. I tend to spend a bit more than him and mine last for years.

Just got a pair of merrell's for Christmas and have played probably 60-70 rounds if not more. No ass busting and no wear in them at all. Best shoe I've ever owned.

^^^ This.

Merrell's are the best disc golf shoes on the market, IMHO. Love mine. Most comfortable pair of shoes I've ever owned.

I heard Salient is coming out with some really sweet shoes perfect for disc golfers. And they're revolutionary. And made by a disc golf company. Well, designed from the ground up by a disc golf company. Ok assembled from off the shelf parts by a Chinese factory with some input from a "disc golf company" with a long history of revolutionary and well built products. And they're about the same price as Merrels. You should totally check those out and let us know how they work. As along as you wear a few specific sizes that is... :D

Anyway, I have a pair of New Balance trail running shoes and had a pair of Merrel Moabs. Both have served their purpose, but the Merrels are definitely the more solid of the two pairs, and what I'll be buying to replace the New Balances when they die. Having wide feet is a curse. I miss out on a bunch of good looking disc golf footwear.

http://www.patagonia.com/us/product/mens-drifter-a-c-gore-tex-running-shoe?p=79356-0

Do some shopping around. You can get them much cheaper than the Patagonia website.

I love these shoes. They are waterproof (thanks to the goretex), they have Vibram bottoms and they have lasted me well over 6 months of heavy golfing and show very little sign of wear. They are great hiking shoes and provide great grip. I was walking on ice with no problems over the winter with them.

Keen Marshall and Keen Marshall WP
I have the Marshall WP and they are fantastic. Very light and way more comfortable than I expected.
keenf686534_299800_jb.jpg

They are the same model as the Disc golf shoe (the one with the basket on it)

If you aren't opposed to toe shoes, the company who makes the soles for most Merrell shoes makes shoes too. I have the Bikilas, the Speeds and the Spyridons. Spyridons are their trail running shoe and do best in mud, but except for mud, the Bikilas and Speeds (same sole) are great for DG. If you need waterproof, look at 6pm.com for the Speed XC or check out the Lontra.

I wear a pair of North Face Hedgehog GTX XCR 3. They aren't the newer version but they are the most comfortable dg shoes I have worn. I had a pair of Asics that I swear to god if I had been barefoot I would have been better off.

I lucked into a pair of these Teva Terra Wraptor at a Goodwill for $2.00 and I am amazed at how perfect they work for disc golf. They are sturdy, waterproof, lightweight, no laces, and they even have some toe cap for the inevitable toe drag when you really throw hard or spin hard. I know you won't find them as cheap, but they are awesome.

321.jpg

Have had a pair of La Sportiva hiking shoes that have lasted the last three seasons of disc golf with minimal wear. Those Italians know how to make a shoe.

Have had a pair of La Sportiva hiking shoes that have lasted the last three seasons of disc golf with minimal wear. Those Italians know how to make a shoe.

Indeed they do. A pair of Wildcats lasted about two seasons for me (year round in TX)

Northface hedgehog GTX. This time of year you can get the previous years model for $77, compared to normally $130. Most comfortable outdoor shoe ever!

Latest posts