• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Shoes

Converse_All_Stars__by_XandriaNirvana.jpg

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

lyle-scotts-golf-shoe.jpg

Yeah, the wing-tips might be a little too saucy for disc golf, but who knows maybe it'll get there some day...

light trail hikers are the way to go
most are waterproof and have great all terrain traction.
i used to buy salomons from sierratradingpost all through highschool and college for like 35$. little more spotty these days.

I wear a mix of foot ware depending on the course, weather, and conditions. Usually Kswiss tennis shoes for dry, flat terrain. Merrel hiking shoes for wet, hilly, rocky, or snowy conditions (if it's intense; if light I'll still rock tennis shoes). And on grassy, well manicured courses I sometimes will wear sandals or go barefoot (if it's dry).

I know of a few people that swear by Salomon shoes.
The owner of a local shop down here got in touch with Salomon and is trying to work with them on a disc golf designed shoe and he put them in contact with McBeth (a Salomon wearer, as far as I know) about working with them on design aspects. I don't know if anything is going to come of it in the near future, but we can hope.

There used to be a disc golfer on Salomon's team and he wore the Speedcross series.
http://www.salomonrunning.com/us/product/speedcross-3.html#

merrell.jpg I recently got these merrell moab water proof, bitter chocolates and i think im in love, i stepped in a puddle and didnt get wet at all, the bottem of my shoes were wet and i went on a tile floor and it still had grip. Awesome.

I like my Goretex Merrell Moabs for wet days and early morning rounds (wet grass) - they are pretty comfortable, but I prefer my lighter, more breathable, trail runing shoes for dry conditions.

For cold/snow, I have a pair of Nevado hiking boots I picked up for about $20-25 at Costco years ago... damn things are still going strong... and I'm embarrassed to say how old they are. If those things had a waterproof lining, I'd never have had to drop $$$ on the Goretex Moabs, but I just hate it when my socks get wet.

I'd never really thought about specific shoes. If there's snow on the ground, I'll wear my Asolo boots. If not, either my trail shoes or Nike bball shoes.

I wear a mix of foot ware depending on the course, weather, and conditions. Usually Kswiss tennis shoes for dry, flat terrain. Merrel hiking shoes for wet, hilly, rocky, or snowy conditions (if it's intense; if light I'll still rock tennis shoes). And on grassy, well manicured courses I sometimes will wear sandals or go barefoot (if it's dry).

Ha! That must be nice. If I went barefoot at any of the courses here in West Virginia I'd end up with pinecones, acorns, rocks, roots, and sometimes glass stabbing me in the foot. (And let's not forget the deer crap.)

Im looking at a pair of Keen Verdi WP's. Anyone have any info on how they hold up, etc.?

I'm a big fan of Keens in general. Some people have had issues with their sole coming unglued from the shoe (me included (although I think it's largely due to me pivoting on my plant foot)). However, it doesn't happen to everyone, and if it does, Keen has great customer service and will replace your shoes for something like that.