• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Shoes

Salomon

Coming from someone who can get Salomon at pro-deal prices (40% off) , they are sweat shop crap !

I will never buy Salomon again , I have 3 pair that have completely fallen apart . I hope to send pics to Salomon in the new year ,but when you move just before Xmas , that is kinda low on the to do list.

So at 40% off , they are still garbage !

I really like Soft Star Shoes Dash RunAmoc for disc golf as it gives me closer to barefoot feeling and incredibly comfy to wear. It currently have two sole types to choose: 2mm Vibram street and 5mm Vibram trail. The street one is more like smooth (crisscross pattern) and the trail one is like small knobby. They are planning to come up with Vibram NewFlex sole (5mm and 8mm) which in my opinion a better sole for disc golf use as they are more durable and better traction in most situations.

Does anybody else use skateboarding shoes to disc golf in? Or is it just me...

I could never throw in skate shoes, the lateral stability just isn't very good, and I would be very intimidated to throw with them in wet weather, they just aren't made to grip wet grass or concrete.

I have 2 pairs for golfing right now:
a pair of saucony progrid exodus 2.0 trail running shoes for dry/warm weather, and a pair of columbia northbend omni-tech for cold/wet weather. the columbias are the first pair that I've had that haven't had a vibram sole in years, so it will be interesting to see how they hold up.

View attachment 32681 I recently got these merrell moab water proof, bitter chocolates and i think im in love, i stepped in a puddle and didnt get wet at all, the bottem of my shoes were wet and i went on a tile floor and it still had grip. Awesome.

:thmbup: Another vote for the Merrell shoes, especially with the Vibram sole. Have had mine for almost 4 years now and still work like a champ.

Pumas

I actually found these Pumas the other day at an outlet store here in Denver for only $42 and they look like they have amazing traction/grip. They also look like they won't fall apart since the sole wraps over the side of the shoe.

Attachments

• Puma Disc Shoe Collage.jpg
    Puma Disc Shoe Collage.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 56
I've worn North Face Hedgehogs this whole year and the outsides still look like they could go on for a few more years. The inside is a little worn in both heels but I put a heel insole in there and have had no problems. The GTX has worked amazingly well even beyond my expectations and the grip is great also when its wet out.

I love my sweat shop crap lol, Salomon's have always been my favorite and I guess to each their own. I would have stopped buying them after my first pair fell apart, but after 3 well ummm....... I went today to get these and cant wait to go throw tomorrow with them. Oh and I buy mine at full retail price, i'm not a pro.

61145578-0A97-42E1-8DC2-6867BE2BDDCF-172-00000003B5B06F7C.jpg

I just got some Salomon XA Pro 3D Ultras and I'm loving them! I got a pair with Goretex and one without so that I don't go through them as fast. These are super comfortable and very supportive. I found them on Shoebacca.com and only paid $200 total shipped whereas one pair at a big time sporting goods store is at least $140.

I am a toe dragger, rhbh. Left toe is worn thru on my zigtecs, love the shoe but only got one year out of them. Ideally i would like some shell toes but cant do flat sole shoes. Which also eliminates skate shoes. Saw some keens that looked sweet. Would that or merrell be my best options? . nike a reebok at this point get trashed fairly quickly

Special shoes?

I wear whatever I can find. Size 17 shoe... no skate shoes or delavegas for me. I wish though, I have officially demolished my current trainers!

I started with a pair of Salomon XA Pro 3D Ultras. Fell apart in 6 months. Last pair of Salomons I'll buy. I played in Delaveagas for about a year. Not bad, but the soles got slick pretty quick.

I called Steven Dodge at vibram and he recommended the Garmont Sticky Lizards. I've only played in them for a month, but I do like how they feel.

played my first 3 rounds with the Keen Targhee II mids i got for christmas. They are easily the best pair of non-sneaker footwear i've ever owned. Obviously i don't know much about the wear and tear. However, the weather went from freezing cold to barely above freezing and wet to snow and the Keens were warm and dry through all of it. insulated/waterproof etc. Comfort level was far above what i had expected as well. I'm lovin them!

keen-mens-targhee%20-mid-ii-hiking-boots.jpg

I ended up getting these when Dicks had a 25$ off sale.

photobucket-37621-1357084319781.jpg

Wore them for their first round today. Nice so far but they need some breaking in.

Here's another vote for Merrells. I use the GoreTex Moabs if there's any weather, and some lighter trail shoes for typical every day wear. I also played in Asics for a year, they were light and comfortable but not durable enough for me.

I like to use my runnin shoes.. they work the best for me.
In really heavy terrain courses like Coyote Point i use my hiking shoes.

I got some KEEN Bryce Hikers. I'm loving them. Such a good quality shoe that works a lot better than the basketball shoes I was wearing lol.

Latest posts