• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc golf snobs

Hey hey hey....whhhooooaaaa...Take a deeeeep breath there fella you might blow a gasket or something. Good lord, should have been way more specific I guess.

Oh that's right, this is DGCR. People are a tad more touchy around here.

Okay, the tourney snobs I am referring too are akin to the snobs being referred to in this thread. These are the fellas that if there is a noise like someone talking a 1/4 mile away (stop wadding up yer panties I know I am exaggerating) they HAVE to stop and wait for the disturbance to go away. These are the fellas that have to 10 warm up motions prior to releasing the disc. They think they are Ken Climo competing for world domination. Clearly, they are not. In other words they are taking their craptastic game too seriously.

Me? I do not laugh - out loud. Nor do I move around while a putt is being made..etc..I am at least that respectful.

I apologize, sorry if I came off as angry, I was just trying to make a point. Now that you explained it in greater detail, I understand & agree with you. Just the way your first posted sounded to me, made it seem like you had no etiquette but now I see differently. I agree that someone talking not in your group near by can't be helped & the person should just deal with it. I'm just glad your not a d-bag, I've run into people who willing do things like talk trash during peoples putts/throw just to mess with them. I've even meet a few people in tourneys who will purposely do stupid s*** like that.

I've warmed up this way before. There's nothing wrong with it. At least he gave you a warning that you might be in the line of fire.

I can understand if its league night or before a tourny, but on a holiday when there are a lot of people around, its just a recipe for disaster.

There is an open field across the parking lot that could be used more safely on a busy day.

Also it wasn't what he said, it was how he said it.

the courses around here are full of feral packs of shirtless dudes.

people, please spay and neuter your bros

i don't wear a shirt when i play. :p i bring a bath towel, drape it around my neck so i can wipe my face, hands and disc before each shot.

too many times where i've thrown my glasses off my sweaty face, haha. and you thought TALKING was a distraction . . . i'm like velma over here.

Theres nothing wrong with playing shirtless, I do some of the time although it used to be all the time. It feels way nicer than a shirt does when its hot out, simple as that.

Davetherocketguy hexes people while they putt, don't let 'im fool ya. :| :| ;)

My week
Y takes is super mellow and fun. Most guys give each other constant crap ( "you're gonna throw that?") play music and drink beer throughout the round. It is an accepted part of our tags culture. It isn't so important as to which number you get, as much as it is having a good time on Friday nights. That turned some people off, but we have a blast and everyone is supportive. If someone is having a killer round or has an important shot we are respectful of the situation, but it is more about having irreverent fun for us. This turns some people off, but we have a great time and is it

I will be antisocial at times which may appear snobbish, so call me a snob for being quiet. That being said, a little respect goes a long way and I strive hard to not be a douche on the course.

That's more or less the boat I'm in. Self-imposed though.

It sounds like the person that began this thread is jealous of those "snobs" that shoot better than them.

throwing a dx beast doesnt make you a douche.

its the no shirt and "bro" mentality that does. but it kinda sounds like you may be in or currently growing out of that phase.

Never said the disc made a person a douche. I was actually describing the guy as a snob. In my immediate area where I encounter people with one disc it undoubtedly came from the local box store, (I find a lot of unmarked dx plastic with price stickers from said stores) which happen to sell a lot of innova dx plastic, I just chose a random mold. And on the second note I have no response. I may be a douche or I may not be, that's for others to decide not me. But if you really want to find out, I'll play a round or 2 with ya if your ever in the nati and need a guide.

Last edited:
Shirtless, meh. I play in nothing but Keens and a Pink G-String. It helps to get in my playing partners heads. Just bend over once in a while. Oh and I'm a dude.

Shirtless, meh. I play in nothing but Keens and a Pink G-String. It helps to get in my playing partners heads. Just bend over once in a while. Oh and I'm a dude.

Clothes restrict my range of motion, I like to be as close to all naturaaallll as possible. I wear a Leopard G-String & whenever I throw my Champion Leopard I roar a little :D

Clothes restrict my range of motion, I like to be as close to all naturaaallll as possible. I wear a Leopard G-String & whenever I throw my Champion Leopard I roar a little :D

That would make an awesome video! You have a camcorder?:hfive:

This is an interesting thread.

I tend to agree with the poster who commented that we seem to live in an era of thin skinned people that are offended way too easily. If someone tells me that they played well I'm happy for them if they tell me they stunk up the course I commiserate with them. My feelings aren't hurt either way.

As far as playing shirtless goes I'm fine with it... especially if you are a chick. If you are a guy with moobs please leave the shirt on bro.

On the subject of DG etiquette I guess I would characterize myself as a "social disc golfer". I play for the enjoyment of being outside, getting fresh air and exercise and socializing with like minded people. In other words I don't take myself or the game too seriously. I'm not going to get my panties all in a wad if someone talks or moves while I'm attempting to throw.

That said, If I ever get to a level where I was entering serious tournaments I would be respectful of the other competitors but casual play I say who cares. That has always been one of my pet peeves about ball golf.. to many weekend warriors think they are Tiger Woods playing at a Masters event every time they step out on the local course.

Maybe golf players (disc or ball) are just more sensitive than baseball or basketball players who are expected to perform while scads of people are screaming and razzing them.