• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Stores? South NJ/Philadelphia area

LeftyToss

Bogey Member
I live in Central Jersey. Literally across the Bridge from Philadelphia. I got my first discs at an REI near me but all it was, was a set of 3 (Innova Leopard, Shark and Aviar Putter). I was wondering if anyone knows a store in my area that sells discs or if I should just stick to online buying.

I never found any good stores in the philly area. I usually bought online. However, if the sedgley club is at the course there is usually a guy selling hundreds of discs and i believe proceeds go to the course.

I don't know what is near you, but Dick's Sporting Goods sells some discs, but it is usually a crummy selection.

The biggest selection I saw was at a place (in Reading, PA - don't know if there are any near you) called
Schuylkill Valley Sports.

I never found any good stores in the philly area. I usually bought online. However, if the sedgley club is at the course there is usually a guy selling hundreds of discs and i believe proceeds go to the course.

That is what I was going to suggest... show up to one of their monthlys for a guaranteed chance to check out the inventory, or post on their message board to find out when it will be there. They truly are a great group of people...

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/friendsofsedgleywoods

Are these too far away?

These are near Nockamixon State Park in Quakertown, PA.

Hunter's Sporting Goods
4105 Durham Rd
Ottsville, PA

Nockamixon Sports Shop
808 Doylestown Pike
Quakertown, PA 18951

If ever in the Lehigh Valley playing..check out Primal expressions in Bethlehem PA a full selection of Innove Discs in DX, Champ, Star, plastic...They must have over 500 discs for sale.

If ever in the Lehigh Valley playing..check out Primal expressions in Bethlehem PA a full selection of Innove Discs in DX, Champ, Star, plastic...They must have over 500 discs for sale.

Ahh... cool - Nestor's in Whitehall has a little collection of discs for sale too.

Tom's Tackle Shop (7 minutes from Tyler SP) has a good selction of Innova discs and he can order whatever you need/want
Also Endurance Sports (7 min. from Tyler SP near the Oxford Valley Mall) has a good selction of discs from all manufacturers but their prices are a bit steep
Dicks/Sports Authority have a few discs at outrageous prices - they just arent worth it.
Oh and Langhorne Ski (about 15 min from Tyler) used to sell discs, but I dont know if they do anymore ... Id have to check into it...

I dont have any address offhand, but I can get them for you later and post them.

cool, next time Im up that way Ill have to stop in and check it out
Do they carry any other manufacturers?

Dodo's disc golf shop in Allentown, PA

There is a newer shop in Allentown called Dodo's which is right up the street from Lehigh Parkway's course. They have more brands than you could ever need as well as a practice basket in the store with demos for putting. I buy a lot of stuff from sweden in there.

There is a newer shop in Allentown called Dodo's which is right up the street from Lehigh Parkway's course. They have more brands than you could ever need as well as a practice basket in the store with demos for putting. I buy a lot of stuff from sweden in there.

^^ +1 for this. They have a SOLID selection and their prices are really reasonable:

http://dodosdiscgolfshop.com/

I also recommend stoping at dodo's then playing one of the great valley courses like jordan or the parkway. It would be a day well spent.

Another vote for Dodo's. Pete's a really personable guy and the shop looked great when I was in there. Make yourself a road trip to play a round or two, grab some lunch, and head to Dodo's. You'll be happy you did your research there in person before you buy some new foreign plastic.

Latest posts