• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Survey for my Psychology Class

rennic

Hello, guys. My name is Tom. I'm a long-time reader and first-time poster on Disc Golf Course Review's various forums. For my social psychology class we've been tasked with constructing a short, 10 question survey. I decided to take this as an opportunity to explore my obsession with disc golf and learn more about my fellow disc golfers. The questions are simple and the survey should take only several minutes to complete at the most. My survey can be taken at the following link:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YYQ5DRS

If my simple survey does reveal anything interesting about us, I will be more than happy to share it with the forum. If you have any further comments or questions about the survey, please reply in this thread with them. If you take my survey, thank you so much for doing so!

#7 is highly variable. I answered 31+ because, time permitting, that's what I'll do. I have the privilege of losing a lot of discs on a private course where I can search later, and as many times as I want, which further skews the answer.

So what's your thesis statement / hypothesis

The class its for is mainly an introduction to certain biases and tendencies we all seem to have to one degree or another. We're shown how certain broad concepts can apply, how they've been tested, and asked to write regularly on how they might apply to our experiences, beliefs, interpretation of events, etc. Thus, this survey isn't to prove a specific hypothesis but rather provide practice and maybe potentially discover a trend to research further in a future class.

I'm not sure what to expect from the results because this is the first survey I've done. Whatever it shows, I'll be attempting to tie it in in some way to established concepts relating to group influence, gender, stereotypes, social beliefs, etc.

The class its for is mainly an introduction to certain biases and tendencies we all seem to have to one degree or another. We're shown how certain broad concepts can apply, how they've been tested, and asked to write regularly on how they might apply to our experiences, beliefs, interpretation of events, etc. Thus, this survey isn't to prove a specific hypothesis but rather provide practice and maybe potentially discover a trend to research further in a future class.

I'm not sure what to expect from the results because this is the first survey I've done. Whatever it shows, I'll be attempting to tie it in in some way to established concepts relating to group influence, gender, stereotypes, social beliefs, etc.

I learned about many of these concepts in my psyc and sociology class. But even more with my cultural anthropology class. The best way I can compare people on here is the way of oakleys and raybans. People want to wear expsensive stuff for an image thing. People in the army either way oakleys or ray bans. The classic old school people w/ "class" wear raybands(innova) and the new school people or uprising generations wears oakleys(trilogy). So im an Oakley person not a rayban person. Thats how i try to explain to people why i throw trilogy. I want the cool **** none of the old guys want hahaha!

Done. Took less than two minutes.

Our group pretty much finds all of our discs. The last disc I lost was in the "Great Flood of May 2015" when I threw an approach putter off a tree and into a raging creek. Since the disc was moving at about 20mph and anyone would drown that went in... the hats came off and we bid it farewell. If the disc can be recovered, it will be recovered. Our group of grandmasters are pretty good at it.

Done. Wow, questions on beaded and domed discs, good luck describing those in your results.

I almost died last year trying to get a lost disc back. Maybe you could help me.

...the survey should take only several minutes to complete at the most.

:confused::D

Riiiiight, for "Psychology class". Looks like a marketing ploy in disguise...

I still took it and it only takes 2 minutes.

Good luck "Tom" from "Psychology class".

...the survey should take only several minutes to complete at the most.

:confused::D

Riiiiight, for "Psychology class". Looks like a marketing ploy in disguise...

I still took it and it only takes 2 minutes.

Good luck "Tom" from "Psychology class".

I'm flattered you would considerable my work comparable to the work of a professional.

Latest posts