• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Tattoos?

yeah i guess the way i did it you have to be a member of facebook......i dont know how to do it any other way......im computer dumb........anyone know how...?

right click on the picture and go to open image in new tab or window and then right click that picture and copy image url and post that into the box with mountains here.

photo.php

Easyer way to do it. Right click the Image, on the list there should be properties on that list, click that. Under Properties there should be a section marked ADDRESS with URL under it. Tripple click to highlight the address, then right click it and copy. Come back to here click the Insert Image button. Then Paste the address from the propeties of the picture. Click done and you should be there.

My back has huge tribal tat that kinda looks like a basket. DG tat would be cool if it looked DG related, if its done perfectly.

I'm a fan of tats and have a few myself but not sure I could get a DG tat. We'll have to see how much I'm able to play and keep up the game this year with my move and lack of courses around me my thoughts may change though.

I'd get one. I like to think of tattoos as kind of a timeline. You can always look at it and remember the good times. My only problem is I won't get a tat with anyone's art work but my own. I draw out all my tats and my artist tats it up exactly the way I show it to him. I just take forever to actually decide on something. Even if I quit disc golfing I can always look back at a disc golf tattoo and remember the fun and time spent with my son.

So my girlfriend is paying for me to add to my collection of tattoos, Christmas gift, she's wonderful. I decided to go with a disc golf related lower leg sleeve. I didn't want something that looks like an oddly specific item like an entire disc golf basket, which would require constant explaining and talking about the sport even when I should be doing something else. Instead went with a close-up style that'd match my leg up with the actual look of a basket.

Keep in mind: this is after one four hour session, still about another 5-6 hours left to go.
12507540_670833962580_8579625200191501870_n.jpg

The chains are blown up to real-life proportions so that to anyone looking at the ink it simply seems abstract, chains. They're going to seem woven - front to back - with the next layer of chains starting off larger at the top, and then ducking behind the chains next to them as they shrink down, seeming to recede. The natural form factor of the calf will enhance the depth. Whites need to be added to present chains to highlight.

The finishing touch will be watercolor style blues and greens to contrast the heavy blacks throughout. The stuff they're doing with watercolor style now is just WHOA. There are so many ways to go with the watercolor style stuff, that I'm gonna go through a million ideas in the next weeks. The blues and greens should contrast it nice, and they'll give the whole thing a feel that is more in line with the nature related aspects of the sport.

(yes, I am aware some of the links don't match up well, she had another customer coming in and made some mistakes that are going to need either touched up or will have a fair amount of watercolor to help cover it up. No, I am not happy, but if she's more careful the rest of the way I'm more than happy with her style)

Why the black tape?
No tape. Went with a boundary in heavy black to mimic the Veteran/Recruit basket style. The watercolor is going to bleed out around its edges at the top and bottom, as though it is leaking out.

Latest posts