• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc golf trip around the country

xorthyx

So here's the deal, my girlfriend and I are planning a trip across the country stopping at different disc golf courses and random sites. However as I have really only ever played in oregon I don't really know any good courses out there in the other states. So if you guys have any suggestions of where to play or sites to see let me know what state and what they are. Any input would be great

P.S. If you play in oregon the new meadows ridge course at hornings hide out is amazing! If you haven't been they have 3 18 hole courses.

i would hit those top rated courses, and hope i your arm doesnt fall off before your done

Wow thanks for so many fast responses. We would not be leaving until sometime in may. But we do not have any sort of route planned, we are in the very early stages of planning.

Sloan Selmac is a really good course this will for sure be in our trip

Hey you need to play Beaver Ranch in Colorado. Its up in the mountains and is about an hour and a half from Denver. The course has some magnificent views. Its listed as a top ten course in the country. Also you have to play Water Works in Kansas City. Unbelievable course. If you go through Iowa I would recommend playing courses in Des Moines. I hear there are some great championship caliber courses there.

Pick the top ten on this site and make those your destination courses. Plan a large scale route; and then tie in all the top rated one's between and wham bam; you'll have quite the story to tell....I remembers back in 2010, I think it was; the wife and I played the ten best courses in the country; no the world....I tell ya....etc. etc.

Lemon lake DG Complex, Cedar lake Indiana 4 18 hole courses. Home of this years pdga world championships. Camp cullom Frankfort,Indiana. In the Cincy area MUST you play Idlewild and Lincoln ridge. Holler in the hills in Cental KY. Mesker? Park in Evansville,In. Hope that helps! Enjoy your trip

My U.S. Course Guide (at my DG Course Reviews Yahoo group) might help you. Among other things it includes a list of well liked courses and favorite holes. (It also has my review notes for courses I've outside of NC.) It also has directions and other info for quite a few courses.

I'd strongly recommend hitting up Spotsylvania VA. The Grange is a truly a disc golf resort that you are unlikely to see the likes of anywhere else on your trip, with 2 solid 4 disc 18 hole courses and the only 18 hole fully lit tiki course. Hawk Hollow may likely make the top ten here after it gets a few more reviews and is less than ten miles from The Grange. I can't imagine anyone regretting that they put these courses on their intinerary.

I very much agree with playing Lemon Lake in Cedar Lake Indiana. I've played 3 of the 4 courses there and there and it is sort of an unsuspecting course but awesome nonetheless. If you have any plans going to Florida at the end of your trip you have to play Tocaboga DGC in St. Petersburg. The 18th hole looks out onto the beach of the Gulf of Mexico. You could potentially throw an errant shot into the ocean, its pretty sweet!

Wow a lot of responses really fast thanks for all the help guys! I think tall paul is right I need to plot out the top ten courses and get some sort of route. Thanks for all the help. Ill keep you guys posted on how its coming along.

Alright guys here's an update. Due to some outside circumstances we won't be able to go as far as initially intended but here is what we have come up with. We are staring in Portland OR, we live here, and traveling to Idaho, Utah, Arizona and back up to California. Since this makes a circle around Nevada we will probably try to work some of that in also. We are planning on leaving early June. Thanks for all the helpful suggestions!

Another good list is Phantom Falls, Beaver Ranch Con park, Ghost Town in Colorado and I'm sure a couple of others that I know nothing about. These are all within an hour of each other I think.

Make your way to Colorado and play as many courses along I-70 and I-25 as you can. If there is National Forest land anywhere nearby, you can camp for free and save on lodging.

Plus, if you come through and stop anywhere between Glenwood Springs and Frisco along I-70, I would be happy to guide you (if the timing is right).

As much as the rest of the state sucks, Iowa has some amazing courses. There are a few I could recommend if we knew what type of course you preferred, but Pickard Park south of Des Moines is immaculate.

Latest posts