• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Trip

runnaman

Eagle Member
I seriously doubt that this trip happen, but I decided to plan the whole thing out anyway.

The trip would take probably two days since it would hit 10 courses going from Hood River to Ashland.

The 10 courses need either: reviews, pictures, hole information, or a combination of the tree.

Here's a link to the map of the courses.
Map of courses

Here are the courses I'd be hitting:
1 Hood River
2 Rimrock
3 Champoeg
4 Corban
5 Camp Dakota
6 Bryant
7 Timber Linn
8 Indian Mary
9 Wolf Creek
10 Frog Creek

What's holding you back? Find a 2 day break in your schedule and hit the road!:D:D:D

Do It!! I'm in Montana right now on my way to Maine from California. I've been playing in every state I can stop in and it is amazing. Give yourself a break and get it done!

Today was the first day of a 4 day DG trip for my friend and I in the Portland area...today we played:

Rockwood Central Park (new one for me)
Vance Park (new one for me)
Milo McIver
Pier Park

Good day of throwing plastic :)

Here are the courses I'd be hitting:
1 Hood River
2 Rimrock
3 Champoeg
4 Corban
5 Camp Dakota
6 Bryant
7 Timber Linn
8 Indian Mary
9 Wolf Creek
10 Frog Creek
The map link you posted doesn't include Rimrock... and it shouldn't. Prineville is incredibly far out of your way. In fact, I'd skip Hood River this time as well.

I'd break it into two trips: one LONG one where you head south on I-5 and do #3 through #10 on your list, and one day trip where you visit Hood River, Mount Adams Lodge, and North Bonneville. (North Bonneville is well documented but doesn't have photos.)

If you DO want to go east of the Cascades and go to Rimrock, be sure to also visit Juniper Hills (Madras) and C.O.C.C. (Bend), neither of which is well-documented on this site.

Last edited:
I am trying to work up a trip but moving the rest of my stuff is getting in the way right now. No reason to stop you from doing this two day trip.

The map link you posted doesn't include Rimrock... and it shouldn't. Prineville is incredibly far out of your way. In fact, I'd skip Hood River this time as well.

I'd break it into two trips: one LONG one where you head south on I-5 and do #3 through #10 on your list, and one day trip where you visit Hood River, Mount Adams Lodge, and North Bonneville. (North Bonneville is well documented but doesn't have photos.)

If you DO want to go east of the Cascades and go to Rimrock, be sure to also visit Juniper Hills (Madras) and C.O.C.C. (Bend), neither of which is well-documented on this site.

I didn't notice that. I also forgot to add a course that has no information that's in the hood river area. I'm starting to think two trips would be ideal, that way I could throw in Whistler's when I go through the Roseburg area.

Looks like I have some re-planning to do, that's fine though.

Thanks for your help.

drive by whistler?

if your driving on i5 and you dont play whistler, whether you have photos/reviews/descriptions of the course allready, you are a fool for not playin it

if your driving on i5 and you dont play whistler, whether you have photos/reviews/descriptions of the course allready, you are a fool for not playin it

Yeah, I didn't think about it the first time because I was just looking to fill in information for the other courses. But I deserve a break after playing a bunch of potentially horrible course.

I'm not even sure that course is open to the public anymore... let us know what you find out.

I will. It's the only course that I found in Oregon that has no reviews and I really want to be the first to review a course. I might have a chance to be the first to review two new courses this summer, but I'm also designing them so I don't think I should. Might be a little bias :p

Do It!! I'm in Montana right now on my way to Maine from California. I've been playing in every state I can stop in and it is amazing. Give yourself a break and get it done!

woah, another DGCRers from Maine! What area are you from?

I designing the new course for the course on my campus (Western Oregon) and I'm trying to get a course in Sherwood.
How come we haven't heard from you on the local forum?! We've got lots of people who'd be very interested in helping out, and lord knows the Tualatin/Sherwood area could use a course.

Day 2 of our Disc Golf Road Trip:

1 good course: Skyline (Cathlamet, WA)
1 great course: Trojan (Rainier, OR)
1 Off the hook, awesome course...easily one of the best I've ever play (273 as of today): Lucky Mud (Skamokawa, WA)

Latest posts