• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Unchained - VIDEO GAME!

im not sold on this game. the actual background and ideas behind it are just terrible. let me just play the game why do I need to get into some deep DGCR plastic battle BS on my bag? so ****ing stupid.

im not sold on this game. the actual background and ideas behind it are just terrible. let me just play the game why do I need to get into some deep DGCR plastic battle BS on my bag? so ****ing stupid.
How much have you had to drink tonight?

I think this game is a lot of fun, and it is well worth the extra dollar to get rid of the ads. I played a couple of rounds with them on, and when I was pretty sure I liked the game and wanted to continue playing I paid to get rid of them.

I also would really like the option to choose a "default" disc for each spot. Also, it would be cool to have a driving range option to see how different discs fly and get used to the controls and physics of the game. And of course more courses- maybe you could even model them on real courses.

Overall great job, keep it up! I am excited to see how this game evolves.

At Sudden Valley this would be really useful, I just can't find the right lines on a couple holes. The other 3 courses I have about a -5 or -6 average but my best at SV is +2, even though I've played at least three times as many rounds there.

I found throwing huge sky annies helps at SV.

I would be interested in hearing tips and tricks from others who have been playing. It seems this thread is an appropriate place for it.

Another thing I would like is to make the disc translucent in the aim mode. I often can't see where the flight lines end because the disc is in the way.

I've had the same issue not being able to see through the disc on a few occasions.

I've also experienced an odd glitch several times. When putting, the button to click after aiming isn't there, not letting me throw. I have to go into my bag, re select the disc, then it continues as normal.

Still waiting on my first ace. Been close on several occasions, and even hit metal on a skip!

I've now played a few rounds on iOS. I agree that the first course absolutely needs to be easier. You need to think like Nintendo, where every Level 1-1 in Mario was a teaching level. Make it easier (much less trees!). The game is essentially random biomes with tee pads and baskets placed seemingly at random in them. Defined fairways would be a big improvement.

I also find the disc selection in the pro shop frustrating, as when I needed a driver, all I saw were mids and putters, and vice versa.

The ads don't bother me, but they do seem to cause a crash of the game at least once a round.

How much have you had to drink tonight?

That side of games should just be a feature not something intergaged heavily where you need to trash discs etc...

They probably hope to montize a proshop and or actual models down the road via licensing. Why not just make it more playable and fine tune the actual DG?

MAYBE YOU NEED A DRINK!

Like this game a lot, wish you could use the real discs from Flight Lab to play with, but I'm digging your crazy names!

How has no one used the Mig yet?

Like this game a lot, wish you could use the real discs from Flight Lab to play with, but I'm digging your crazy names!

How has no one used the Mig yet?

Big fan of the Thundercat. The name and the disc.

Haha haven't run across that one yet.

Right now I have the Fling, Mig, Fly, Weasel, Bullett and Fokker.

Love that they called one the Fokker.

Still don't think I got a real answer about the different plastics. Has anyone unlocked anything other than base plastic? I like how there's a meter of sorts of how seasoned the disc is. I'm hoping a premium plastic, over the base, will last longer

Still don't think I got a real answer about the different plastics. Has anyone unlocked anything other than base plastic? I like how there's a meter of sorts of how seasoned the disc is. I'm hoping a premium plastic, over the base, will last longer

There's MID and PREMIUM plastic now, and it lasts longer. haven't compared initial stability of a new Base vs. new Premium

I got stuck under the map trying to throw a roller lol. Trying to get the angle back to flat was a chore!

maybe you were leaning instead of angle-changing? you can 2 finger twist to adjust release angle. 2 finger slide side to side lets you lean over, to avoid things but the angle changes as you lean, so you need to compensate for that. haven't tried leaning past the ground yet... firing up the game again tonight to try!

Thinking up a new line of discs was one of the more fun things I've gotten to do for the game! There are some other gems in there that I haven't seen listed... The new Pro Shop offers a significantly better disc selection based on your player lever. As you level up, more discs mold/weights/colors will become available. We are also testing a build that will incorporate new plastic types into the mix. The game, so far, has featured our base level plastic, but soon you will be able to unlock more durable plastic the more you play.

Disc Golf Unchained is a work in progress, but we are making significant improvements at a good rate. We frequently update the game in the app stores, so make sure you are current for the best possible experience. We use a lot of the feedback we receive to prioritize development tasks, and we appreciate people taking the time to post here, on other social media, and contacting us directly. Let us know how we can make the game better, and you may soon see it in action. We listen.

Keep playing!

I've now played a few rounds on iOS. I agree that the first course absolutely needs to be easier. You need to think like Nintendo, where every Level 1-1 in Mario was a teaching level. Make it easier (much less trees!). The game is essentially random biomes with tee pads and baskets placed seemingly at random in them. Defined fairways would be a big improvement.

I also find the disc selection in the pro shop frustrating, as when I needed a driver, all I saw were mids and putters, and vice versa.

The ads don't bother me, but they do seem to cause a crash of the game at least once a round.

I have to second this for the initial course. There was an early build (seemingly long ago) that was the green trees and grass biome that was pretty sparse on trees. As a testing group, after playing a while it was very easy. Adding a dense tree map makes line shaping a lot more fun, but is a pro-level difficulty. The original settings on tree density might be a good place to start on. Once you unlock the Furnace Rock biome it's a piece of cake, even though it's more rocky/hilly. Maybe just start out on Furnace Rock ( even though it doesn't look like a beautiful MN/WI summer day ;) )

It's a little update but I like the update on best score recording on each course. Also REALLY like the proshop update. Makes total sense picking a mold, then looking at colors/weights on each just like the store. Also awesome that the store manager remembers any mold I've bought in the past and keeps a fresh backup stock ready for me!

Update In-Use. Although it does speed up the game to automatically have a disc in-hand when the next shot appears, on the real course we usually set down the bag, and select a disc to use from the bag. We're familiar with what's in there.
- It would be great to be able to set a default "Putt" "Approach" "Fairway" and "Distance" disc. For me those have quick access priority slots in the bag.
- I would prefer to a "1-click" disc selection from the bag. 2-click is annoying (i don't need to read the description each time, and click "equip" If i grab the wrong one with a fat finger, then i'll 1 click a new one. saves time overall) there could be an info button, but the main area would just select and go. The button now that opens the dialog can still do that, but click on the disc to select and go.

I like the update to save a round for later. makes it easier on the family life :clap:

Looks to me like the premium plastic is about 15-20 feet longer head to head with base. i guess a good incentive to drop an ace and two birdies worth of money on a disc :thmbup:

I really like the addition of the "disc falling into the basket" animation from early testing, but it still is a bit awkward when the putt is made from the tee box side of the basket (it does this zoom/spin/zoom out thing) and the animation is lost in the tornado of camera movement. when you hit a putt from opposite the tee box, the camera movement doesn't have to spin around, so you get a real natural look at the putt falling and finishing the hole. I would prefer that "no spin around" animation from whatever direction the putt came from.

I guess i'm skipping the feedback form, but i kinda like being told if my ideas are good, or dumb by my peers, because i'm having a lot of fun with the game and seeing it come as far as it has in the last couple weeks has been outstanding. :popcorn: can't wait to see where it goes from here!

I'm loving this game as a time killer this week! Best phone app I've downloaded in a LONG time! My only gripe is that trees are made of bricks! :eek: Merman Cay is a beautiful course! Good risk/reward and very cool scenery. Hell, I wish it was real so I could go!!! :D However, even glancing the palm branches is like dead-ending a house. And the invisible walls around leaves is equally aggravating.

Okay. I'm done whining. It's a great game. Tons of fun. Gladly spend the $1 to go ad-free and offer a little support to Local Route. (not that a buck is going to get more than a cup of coffee, but hey - next Speedway Cop o' Joe is on me!) ;)

Cheers. Keep up the great work. Can't wait to see more additions.

Mine wont update to get premium plastic and more than two options in the store on IOS :(

Latest posts