• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Unchained - VIDEO GAME!

sometimes i've seen the animation of the disc falling in (this is pretty new) and it shows the disc almost looking all the way out. I think it has to do with the new animation. see the Ace screenshot above, it looks more like a wedge but that animation does that - something to clean up for visual cleanliness

My ace went through the inside of the basket so it's legit.

Please don't take away my only ace.

;)

haha. I've hit basket on putts many times and it always doinks.

That would be pretty evil if they programmed in soft putters wedging into baskets :(

Today is a huge day for Local Route Labs! Disc Golf Unchained is finally live on iOS! Check it out on the App Store. It took longer than we hoped to get it out, so the available version on iOS is a little behind the Android one. We already have an update pending to bring our iOS users up to speed, but it may take a few days for approval. From here on out, we hope to release updates simultaneously on both platforms.

All Things Disc Golf has a great write up detailing what's going on with current development of the game. Zach runs a solid and informative blog and has taken an interest in Disc Golf Unchained from the early stages of the project. Give him a read and support great disc golf media in all forms!

Touching on a few of the previous posts in the thread... Cleaning up the basket collisions and animations is still on our list of development tasks. For the time being, we had to make the decision whether to go with a basket that was a little more forgiving or one that constantly spit out putts. After nearly throwing my phone across the room during testing the unforgiving version, we decided to go with one that catches discs like Jerry Rice catches footballs.

LRL, you guys have put together a really good game that is more replayable than any other DG game I've tried on any other format. I know as you progress this will only get better and even more popular.

Keep up the great work :hfive:

Is there anyway to play this game on OSX without having to use an Android emulator? Porting it from iOS to OSX should be a fairly easy process.

Great game so far. My feedback is to beef up the skill improvement. Separate out forehand, backhand, approach, and putting so players really have to decide what kind of golfer they are by how they spend their money.

I would love to see overhand shots. There were so many holes in Sudden Valley where I just wished I could throw a thumber.

I completely understand ads in a free game. But does there have to be a video ad after every.single.hole? Seems like a bit much.

I completely understand ads in a free game. But does there have to be a video ad after every.single.hole? Seems like a bit much.

It varies, I've had ads after 8 straight holes and just today none in the front 9 of Summer's Pass.

the 99 cents is so worth it and pretty much affordable to anyone.

cool game by the way:clap:

Guess I'm the only one who thinks this game blows? Ads everywhere - like, I can't even get into playing the game without being interrupted constantly.

Ah well. Tried it, deleted.

99 cents totally worth it IMO for a full DG game on mobile, full rounds, realistic disc flight, wind, etc. Oh and this is still alpha stage, I know there are some more big things in the future... worth it to support these guys

The ad's are random for me.

Some rounds, it seems like it's just about every hole to every other hole. Today, I've played a few rounds and had very few ad's. Maybe one to two per round.

When do I unlock something other than the "base" plastic?

You'll unlock and get to throw the Champ Boss when you learn how to throw your stingray properly (jk :) )

No rollers?

At Sudden Valley this would be really useful, I just can't find the right lines on a couple holes. The other 3 courses I have about a -5 or -6 average but my best at SV is +2, even though I've played at least three times as many rounds there.

Odd glitch just occurred on SV #16 - instead of actually working today I was on rd 4 so far and the game closed after I scored a birdie, during the Loading...scorecard screen. No biggie, it happens, and I can always pick back up where it had dropped. This time, however, the 'continue game' resumed at Merman Cay #17 instead of SV where I had just been playing. Even odder, I had just before the spent the 50 to open MC but had not yet played it.

Can we get DGCR course entries for these 4? :\