• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Valley

Do we have a group on here for DGV? If not can we start one so we can share names and play against each other in friendly games?

Do we have a group on here for DGV? If not can we start one so we can share names and play against each other in friendly games?
I am the same everywhere...nothinbuttree.

The thing with playing each other is it has to be in real time (like no set time tournaments are available that I know of), and everyone would have to know the code in real time. Or were you referring to something else?

Maybe this was discussed already--but is it me, or are most discs more US now since the update?

I am the same everywhere...nothinbuttree.

The thing with playing each other is it has to be in real time (like no set time tournaments are available that I know of), and everyone would have to know the code in real time. Or were you referring to something else?

Maybe this was discussed already--but is it me, or are most discs more US now since the update?

I think they are more US and more affected by the wind since the update

I just made one, and invited most people in this thread. I think anyone can make changes? Someone else could make one, or we could just keep using this thread.

I attached a screenshot. We played earlier today in a random multiplayer. I had a good showing! It's the new highlight of my career ;)

Looking back at that post, who are those top 3 players? And has that changed in the past few weeks?

Ah, you're Samwise :) you've been creating some confusion on a British Facebook Page :p

Ah, you're Samwise :) you've been creating some confusion on a British Facebook Page :p

Haha oops! It was quite random, but I like Tolkien and Samwise seemed like a good name for a golfer that usually plays it safe. And the flag seemed more appropriate than any other!

Nevertheless, since I've gotten the light/glide Ballista, my safe playing days have gone out the window. Feel free to expose this American Tolkien fan if it decreases confusion.

I've finally gotten a Ballista, but it's a light/heavy fade one, so it's terribly hard to use. I took it out and put the light recoil I had back in, it goes father most of the time.

Is anyone using the Pioneer? I tried one and like it, but it's hard to see what I should drop to make to room for it.

I've finally gotten a Ballista, but it's a light/heavy fade one, so it's terribly hard to use. I took it out and put the light recoil I had back in, it goes father most of the time.

Is anyone using the Pioneer? I tried one and like it, but it's hard to see what I should drop to make to room for it.

Yeah I posted my bag in the new Disc Golf Valley group. I find a decent place for a Wind/Fade Pioneer, though it obviously doesn't go far. I find it useful in selected spots.

If you can get an accurate/wind break Pioneer, it is definitely worth bagging. It's great for forehand lines, flexes, and getting out of jail when you're pinched in a corner. And I have had the same disappointment with Ballistas. I've gotten two, but both are harder to control and neither flew further than my longest Recoil. I'm bagging:

accurate/sticky Pure
wind break/accurate Fuse
accurate/extra glide Explorer
accurate/wind break Pioneer
wind break Recoil
extra glide/extra turn Recoil

I have been getting decent results out of my glide/skip Ballista. But there are a lot of shots were I do better just using my glide/wind break Recoil. For all out distance this Ballista is better than any of my Recoils.

I also have an extra turn/glide Ballista that occasionally bombs, but it is hard to hit all the angles just right to do it. I will probably test it for a little while longer to see if I can figure it out. If I can't I will drop it to open up a spot in the bag.

Late to the party but spent some time getting up to level 12 where I was offered a Wind Break/Extra Fade Recoil. Previously had been getting a lot of Daggers, Compasses, and Explorers.

Bag:
Accurate/Extra Glide Pure
Accurate/Extra Glide Compass
Accurate Fuse
Extra Glide Explorer
Accurate Musket
Wind Break/Extra Fade Recoil

Seems like the 50-100 foot throw-ins are key. This game makes me want to play putter rounds with a Pure.

We're running a fun tournament tonight through the Disc Golf UK Facebook Page - It will take about 2 hours to play starting from 7.45 pm BST (so midday to early afternoon for most of you) - everyone is welcome to join although if you do plan on playing ideally you will be able to play the whole thing!

We will be livestreaming on the FB page and will go through all rules and how to play details there from 7.45 looking to tee off first round by 8, it's very simple - we've done one for the last three Tuesdays and are getting better each time so we've got replays of players best and worst bits and commentary etc. All you need is access to the game and access to the FB live feed and the ability to upload scorecards to a web address.

https://www.facebook.com/discgolfcoursesuk/

Just got an accurate and sticky Pure. So far I am not really that impressed. I am going to going to give it a chance but I don't know if it will make the bag.

I really hope at some point they expand the bag to 8-9 discs.

I have recently changed over my mids and putters to mostly Accurate/Sticky discs. Gives me more confidence to run the baskets, knowing the ground play will be reduced a bit.

Just got an accurate and sticky Pure. So far I am not really that impressed. I am going to going to give it a chance but I don't know if it will make the bag.

I really hope at some point they expand the bag to 8-9 discs.
I was well pleased with the ACC/STICKY pures when I first changed over, but since the update, spit outs have increased dramatically, both on throw-ins and regular putts. Had a dead center chain 13' spit out on a soft putt today. I know it happens in real life, but its rare.

There may be a better disc to putt with now since the update. If anyone has any anecdotal advice, feel free to share. :)

And yes, even a 9 disc bag would be wonderful. I like a hard fading mid-range and driver, especially now since it seems all discs are more US, but really have to give them both up at a 6 disc limit.

I was well pleased with the ACC/STICKY pures when I first changed over, but since the update, spit outs have increased dramatically, both on throw-ins and regular putts. Had a dead center chain 13' spit out on a soft putt today. I know it happens in real life, but its rare.

There may be a better disc to putt with now since the update. If anyone has any anecdotal advice, feel free to share. :)

And yes, even a 9 disc bag would be wonderful. I like a hard fading mid-range and driver, especially now since it seems all discs are more US, but really have to give them both up at a 6 disc limit.

I still prefer the accurate/sticky Pure even in 901. I'm impatiently waiting for them to release 902 for iOS, although they're already running beta for 905. Which really sucks for those of us who are already behind the updates. I blame Steve Jobs. He clearly hated disc golf.

I still prefer the accurate/sticky Pure even in 901. I'm impatiently waiting for them to release 902 for iOS, although they're already running beta for 905. Which really sucks for those of us who are already behind the updates. I blame Steve Jobs. He clearly hated disc golf.

This is my feeling exactly.

Was this game developed in Scandinavia? It's one of the few times I've been ahead of the curve by having an Android device.

In 902, I still see some funky basket action (flips, abrupt movements) but have only had one or two weird spit outs. They still only happen when I let my guard down and am a little sloppy.

Was this game developed in Scandinavia? It's one of the few times I've been ahead of the curve by having an Android device.

In 902, I still see some funky basket action (flips, abrupt movements) but have only had one or two weird spit outs. They still only happen when I let my guard down and am a little sloppy.

In 902 I have had a few putts go straight through the chains and some other weird spit outs but I am not good enough to know how much is the game and how much is my putt.