• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Valley

How have rounds with Owlwood sets been rated so far? What I'm afraid of is trying for 10 and the Owlwood rounds being rated low, and I definitely haven't grooved any eagle or ace runs on Owlwood at all, not to mention the par potential on the lightning bolt par 4 for me right now (that second shot is getting easier).

I shot a 1063 with Owlwood holes (birdied all 3)
Had another one with OW holes I thought was rated too low for the difficulty

Small sample size so far though

I shot a 1063 with Owlwood holes (birdied all 3)
Had another one with OW holes I thought was rated too low for the difficulty

Small sample size so far though
2 hours and 20 minutes.

Time to mow the back lawn. Putting can fill another 30-45 minutes. Dinner will round it out. Then more multiplayer games again.

Are people really finishing today's open tournament in 12 strokes(-10)? The one that ended 7/16 at 7pm central.

I know people are hitting multiple aces, but 6+ aces out of 9 holes seems like a lot.

Are people really finishing today's open tournament in 12 strokes(-10)? The one that ended 7/16 at 7pm central.

I know people are hitting multiple aces, but 6+ aces out of 9 holes seems like a lot.

People who haven't updated from v912 don't have Owlwood holes, so it's only counting their strokes from the other six holes

People who haven't updated from v912 don't have Owlwood holes, so it's only counting their strokes from the other six holes
Short of the goal.... hopefully good enough for top 100.

Attachments

• 05A60BC9-B535-43C0-A434-48322DCC0DE3.jpg
    05A60BC9-B535-43C0-A434-48322DCC0DE3.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 28

Ok, that makes sense. Down the road they need to make it is so that if you don't have the hole you get a par or par+4 not a 0. Or make it up so you can't play tournaments without being updated.

Small complaint time. :)

Having been auto-updated to v. 946 (android), I now have to AGAIN relearn all my discs. My ace lines are gone now, several holes which were 100% guaranteed to have an easy putt with a fuse now are a crapshoot.

I am fine with tweaks and fixing bugs and adding new features (love the flight paths), but constantly changing the flight characteristics is getting a little old. I know everyone is in the same boat, but for me, its never been about trying to be elite, only to have fun and trying to get at least one 1100 round.

Small complaint time. :)

Having been auto-updated to v. 946 (android), I now have to AGAIN relearn all my discs. My ace lines are gone now, several holes which were 100% guaranteed to have an easy putt with a fuse now are a crapshoot.

I am fine with tweaks and fixing bugs and adding new features (love the flight paths), but constantly changing the flight characteristics is getting a little old. I know everyone is in the same boat, but for me, its never been about trying to be elite, only to have fun and trying to get at least one 1100 round.

I hear ya, and I made the same comment on the last update. My playing time has drastically diminished as I've gotten tired of relearning all my discs over and over.

I'm curious how they calculate ratings. The Owlwood holes seem particularly bogus. I assume the designers just assigned a random rating to each hole (and wind condition?). It would be interesting if they were actually calculated from players' scores like PDGA ratings.

I'm curious how they calculate ratings. The Owlwood holes seem particularly bogus. I assume the designers just assigned a random rating to each hole (and wind condition?). It would be interesting if they were actually calculated from players' scores like PDGA ratings.

Currently the OW holes are all rated "zero" in difficulty until they collect enough data points from gameplay to get official ratings.

By comparison, the hole on Crow's Nest with the mando where the play is to slam a skip disc into the wall for (usually) an easy birdie is rated -0.003 and is thus the closest to zero of the oldest 68 holes.

I can't think of any OW hole that's as easy as that one (maybe the third hole) and many are much more difficult. I suspect that when the data is collected and implemented, the ratings of rounds with OW holes will increase significantly

Currently the OW holes are all rated "zero" in difficulty until they collect enough data points from gameplay to get official ratings.

By comparison, the hole on Crow's Nest with the mando where the play is to slam a skip disc into the wall for (usually) an easy birdie is rated -0.003 and is thus the closest to zero of the oldest 68 holes.

I can't think of any OW hole that's as easy as that one (maybe the third hole) and many are much more difficult. I suspect that when the data is collected and implemented, the ratings of rounds with OW holes will increase significantly

I was slow on the uptake on that Wall Bounce hole! That could be a tough bird before that became an option.

Maybe we should all shoot poorly and see if we can't boost the ratings...

On the wall bounce hole, since skip was nerfed I've switched from the wall bounce to super high "max" (edge of the reticule) hyzer with Wind/Fade Ballista. Gets more consistent results than the bounce for me. It usually lands just beyond the rocks and rolls around near the basket. Sometimes it skips off the rocks unpredictably, but that result is usually a birdie anyway. The wall bounce is pretty consistent but leaves me longer putts on average.

On the wall bounce hole, since skip was nerfed I've switched from the wall bounce to super high "max" (edge of the reticule) hyzer with Wind/Fade Ballista. Gets more consistent results than the bounce for me. It usually lands just beyond the rocks and rolls around near the basket. Sometimes it skips off the rocks unpredictably, but that result is usually a birdie anyway. The wall bounce is pretty consistent but leaves me longer putts on average.
Is skipped nerfed in .946 for Android?
In .926 the wall bounce with the skip ballista is absolutely money.

Is skipped nerfed in .946 for Android?
In .926 the wall bounce with the skip ballista is absolutely money.

Ah, haven't tried skip in a while, sorry. I was referring to the older skip nerf. Haven't tried with the last 2 updates.

Ah, haven't tried skip in a while, sorry. I was referring to the older skip nerf. Haven't tried with the last 2 updates.
Gotcha. Yeah I think skip was nerfed in conjunction with the code that made it better to roll? But since rollers got bumped back skip improved again. At least that's the gist of it from my understanding. I picked up skip at .926 and hadn't used it before ever and it gets me so many strokes. So that's my review of skipping in .926 lol