• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Valley

Yeah, the best opportunities for eagle, for me, have all been on hole 3 and hole 6. Hole 3 I can usually get to around 100-110 meters out, and then the Musket's fade funnels up into the pin, I've had a lot of skips around the basket but haven't caught one yet. Hole 6 is more consistent. If you have a Rive with the glide characteristic you can get to 50 meters (or even closer sometimes, I've gone OB skipping into the water). Thats more reliable - I've caught a few Fuse throw ins from there.

yup, hole 3 bouncing around the pin is the closest I have gotten. I've gotten to 230ish feet out on 6 but never close enough to through it in.

Newsflash: the Midrange Grail is available in the shop today :)

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Newsflash: the Midrange Grail is available in the shop today :)

Which one are you referring to as a midrange grail? I'd generally consider the Glide/Acc or Acc/Wind Fuse to be a midrange grail, and don't see that. I see some nice Pures - bought up a cool color Pure I might have overwise missed (Acc/Sticky).

There IS a pretty great Rive in there, though. If you've got the coin and need a quality Rive you can do much worse than the Wind/Glide Rive.

I'm getting impatient waiting on my Light/Glide Rive... I won one a while back by winning Friday Night Flights prelim rounds, and Brandon has been waiting to distribute prizes until the next update (when Per will have a tool implemented allowing him to give out prizes himself).

Also can't wait for that next update for the course challenge... I hear the Beast (Euro version) is coming with it.

I'm referring to the longest accurate midrange in the game:
Acc/Glide Trust

Fuses are great but too easy to obtain too be a grail in my book :D

So for those who have both the lite glide Rive and lite glide Ball.Pro, is the rive any better? I have test-driven some different rive flavors and honestly don't see any extra distance or reliability this far...My BP's tend to do 20-40' farther.

I'm referring to the longest accurate midrange in the game:
Acc/Glide Trust

Fuses are great but too easy to obtain too be a grail in my book :D

Gotcha, that makes sense to me. I'll pass personally - I prefer my mids all be wind/acc. If I need some glide I'll power down an instinct/river fairway that has wind/acc. Personal preference.

So for those who have both the lite glide Rive and lite glide Ball.Pro, is the rive any better? I have test-driven some different rive flavors and honestly don't see any extra distance or reliability this far...My BP's tend to do 20-40' farther.
I saw definite increases in distance with the Skip/Glide Rive over Skip/Glide BP and the same with the Roll/Glide variants. I assume the Light/Glide will also be a boost... When I get it.

I saw definite increases in distance with the Skip/Glide Rive over Skip/Glide BP and the same with the Roll/Glide variants. I assume the Light/Glide will also be a boost... When I get it.
Definitely experienced the same, and the light/ glide Rive does provide an extra gear of distance over the B-Pro

Still need the Glide/Roll - I'm owed that as a H&H prize whenever that gets sorted out

Lucky you, the Glide / Roll is still the only one i got that doesn't have extra fade... 100 levelups since the patch and doing all the H&H events i can...

I hate this random disc system :(

I'm finally 1000 rated (1020 I think) and have gotten pretty consistent with my discs, but I still haven't really found a good way to incorporate rollers into my bag. Any holes where these really change things for you? To be fair I play left-handed (gotta keep it realistic!) so that may change things.

I'm finally 1000 rated (1020 I think) and have gotten pretty consistent with my discs, but I still haven't really found a good way to incorporate rollers into my bag. Any holes where these really change things for you? To be fair I play left-handed (gotta keep it realistic!) so that may change things.
Roller Shots: (actual rollers)
Oak Hill 4 (though throwing righty I can only get the FH there in favorable winds, you can do it more often)
Kaho 2 (60/40 success rate, sometimes it gets ugly - but in competition I usually get the 2 or the 4 out of it)
Kaho 4 (approach shot, if you hit the wall with some cut angle it reliably bounces over and in-bounds - so you don't need to worry about skipping deep OB)
Kaho 7 (the angle just works well, a must eagle against top players)
Downtown 6 (big high roller to clear the early road, gets you often to where a fairway can get to the basket for the eagle)
Pioneer 8 (roller 2nd shot is often the play, though it really depends where you land off the tee, this may not apply to lefty)

Roll Disc Air Shots: (using roll discs to prevent skip)
Lakeside 9 (middle island, lands it 75% of the time, and when it doesn't it is an easy bird)
Harrowing 5 (clear the water safely, without skipping deep)
Coyote 3 (for the safe shot, guarantees nothing fishy happens off the tee playing for a lot of distance down the right side to set up a fairway throw in attempt)
Backwoods 1 (for me the best line is an air shot all the way to the pin, this keeps it from skipping OB)
Backwoods 6 (the safest shot is to crash the wall deep, the roll disc always rolls down off the back wall so you don't stick OB)
Frozen 1 (another hole where it is easiest to land at the pin, it eliminates the skip away)
Frozen 2 (great disc to risk it with, way less likely to skip OB left off the island)
Frozen 7 (thrown up over the top, it doesn't skip into the trees left)
Frozen 9 (doesn't get that long skip OB off a shot that hangs in the air around the mando)
Downtown 7 (if its run it or nothing - the roller disc is your best bet to stick)
Downtown 9 (I power down and throw the roller disc to land near pin and stick, avoid OB)
Island 1 (land near pin, doesn't skip OB)
Island 2 (land near pin, doesn't skip OB)
Pioneer 2 (approach shot, forehand slightly powered down, avoids skipping up over the crest)
Pioneer 3 (righty forehand to the right side, doesn't skip OB)
Pioneer 4 (only with favorable winds, to avoid OB skip - unfavorable wind I use normal or skip)
Pioneer 7 (out over left side, lands and gets knocked around a lil by the rocks to slow down and settles nice)

Roller Shots: (actual rollers)
Oak Hill 4 (though throwing righty I can only get the FH there in favorable winds, you can do it more often)
Kaho 2 (60/40 success rate, sometimes it gets ugly - but in competition I usually get the 2 or the 4 out of it)
Kaho 4 (approach shot, if you hit the wall with some cut angle it reliably bounces over and in-bounds - so you don't need to worry about skipping deep OB)
Kaho 7 (the angle just works well, a must eagle against top players)
Downtown 6 (big high roller to clear the early road, gets you often to where a fairway can get to the basket for the eagle)
Pioneer 8 (roller 2nd shot is often the play, though it really depends where you land off the tee, this may not apply to lefty)

I'm really interested in the Kaho hole 2 shot, I've not 2'd that hole yet. Are you throwing a roller to the right to cut through the woods entirely? I'm going to likely use it on Kaho 4, that hole gives me anxiety. I'm checking out the remainder of the approach shots.

I'm really interested in the Kaho hole 2 shot, I've not 2'd that hole yet. Are you throwing a roller to the right to cut through the woods entirely? I'm going to likely use it on Kaho 4, that hole gives me anxiety. I'm checking out the remainder of the approach shots.
So I'll explain off of my "perfect" condition.
A direct 2 wind, coming from left to right.

With this condition I dip the middle arrow on the targeting graphic straight down to match the height of the "false front" (below the visible "ridge") out in front of you. Then I pull the disc directly to the left, full left side, and let it rip with the disc at about vertical.

That's my 90/10 shot. If you give me a 2 L-R wind, I'll get within 40 meters for a run at the 2 90% of the time. 5% I get a longer throw in try, and 5% I get randomness and bleh.

From there - if the wind is more a headwind? I'll aim a little lower. If the wind is more a tailwind? I'll aim a little more right and higher. If the wind is stronger left to right? I'll aim a little more left. If the wind is stronger right to left? I'll aim a little higher and right and a little less of a steep angle of release.

My Kaho 2 roller play is to not touch the default aim and pull the disc "back" almost to nine o'clock and let her fly, er, roll

Glide/Roll B-Pro for now - it will interesting to see if the G/R Rive is as effective. I use this disc for many/most/nearly all of the shots Woj described

Latest posts