• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Valley

Ug.

I did get PC running, but it forces you to view ads frequently-no bonus coin either.

New update.... New course!

Full release notes here: Patchnotes | Spinoff Games

View attachment 322078
The new bag thing is interesting. How do you all use it? i.e, bag for short course, bag for long courses, etc?

The only thing I don't like is if you forget to switch bags, and you start a round that you can't restart, it kind of sucks. I started setting up a new bag to try it out, and put only speed 9-14 overstable discs in it. The next day I opened the app and started a round...and found I had no mids or putters. First few holes were terrible, but I managed to still get some birdies. Putting with drivers is hard though, they fade instantly.

The new bag thing is interesting. How do you all use it? i.e, bag for short course, bag for long courses, etc?

The only thing I don't like is if you forget to switch bags, and you start a round that you can't restart, it kind of sucks. I started setting up a new bag to try it out, and put only speed 9-14 overstable discs in it. The next day I opened the app and started a round...and found I had no mids or putters. First few holes were terrible, but I managed to still get some birdies. Putting with drivers is hard though, they fade instantly.
I haven't even tried it yet. I've been too busy when I'm playing messing with my lines on the new course or playing the last few days of the MP session. I'll mess with the new bags in the next few days I'm sure.

The one thing that put a damper on my excitement over the bags is hearing you can't put the same disc in multiple bags. So if you've only got one wind/acc Fuse you're using it in one bag or the other. Hopefully a future update allows you to mix and match the discs you do have as you want.

Glad y'all posted about the new bags.

Naming them kind of confused me, but it's really up to the player to make the bag as they desire.

IRL, I don't throw a lot of discs. I could probably play most rounds with 5 discs total and not impact my score. But, on DGV, my thumb isn't limited. I can get results from wide variety of discs.

I'll probably never use the new bag feature. It was never anything I felt I needed, nor wanted.

I suppose if I get really bored I may create an alt bag - but it would have to be that: sheer boredom

Question about distance drivers. Like IRL, distance off the tee is pretty crucial. I just realized I could look at other players bags. I see 13 speed Rive in some of the top player bags. Other than buying a Rive with real money, I've never had the option to choose one.

Also, the various Ballista Pro discs are my longest options to date.

I looked at the pro disc packs that are sold for $, and it appears that there are a few premium options—McBeth Zeus appears to offer both the most carry and total distance.

Right now, I can barely carry 400' and that is contingent. Is buying distance the only option ?

Note—the PMB Zeus seems to consistently carry ~450. Eagles Cloudbreaker, similar but no skip. I think Silver's driver may carry the furthest in the air.

I guess it would be worth it to me to spend a few dollars on a disc that makes a difference, but it kind of sucks to have to buy your way to competitiveness.

Question about distance drivers. Like IRL, distance off the tee is pretty crucial. I just realized I could look at other players bags. I see 13 speed Rive in some of the top player bags. Other than buying a Rive with real money, I've never had the option to choose one.

I looked at the pro disc packs that are sold for $, and it appears that there are a few premium options—McBeth Zeus appears to offer both the most carry and total distance.

Right now, I can barely carry 400' and that is contingent. Is buying distance the only option ?

Note—the PMB Zeus seems to consistently carry ~450. Eagles Cloudbreaker, similar but no skip. I think Silver's driver may carry the furthest in the air.

I guess it would be worth it to me to spend a few dollars on a disc that makes a difference, but it kind of sucks to have to buy your way to competitiveness.

Top Hat Lol GIF by This GIF Is Haunted

You don't NEED to buy your way to competitiveness. None of the discs you can buy are any better than any of the discs you can eventually get through level ups, etc.

You CAN buy all of the discs you need to fill all of the slots (or close enough to them) - in other words, a bag that any top player could win with.
It's just faster. If you're patient enough, you can build a bag that any top player could win any event with without spending a dime

You don't NEED to buy your way to competitiveness. None of the discs you can buy are any better than any of the discs you can eventually get through level ups, etc.

You CAN buy all of the discs you need to fill all of the slots (or close enough to them) - in other words, a bag that any top player could win with.
It's just faster. If you're patient enough, you can build a bag that any top player could win any event with without spending a dime
That's what I was getting at. The drivers you can buy can carry 450ish, and nothing I've been able to get through just playing the game has that kind of distance.

I never came back and saw this til just now - did you get to some of the better discs yet? What was your level in the game at the time? Because you are not rewarded with the high speed stuff for various randomized prizes until you get to a certain level. I'm not sure what it is now - but it used to be level 20 or 25.

And thats your general player profile account level, not the multiplayer level for a given MP season.

FYI post - Maple Hill F9 has been added to the game, and Maple Hill B9 is coming in early 2024.

Right now it is only available in Play With Friends and Practice modes. It sounds like in early 2024 they will be implementing a feature to better organize the "real" courses (the fictional courses are all categorized as part of "The Valley" hence inclusion in "Challenge the Valley" mode).

I have yet to open the game today, but apparently there's a MAJOR new update that dropped.

First time since I started playing in 2020 that a new disc attribute has been introduced: WATER SKIP. Curious how "water skip" plays on regular ground?

Additionally apparently some UI updates that are substantial, some mixed reviews online.

I have yet to open the game today, but apparently there's a MAJOR new update that dropped.

First time since I started playing in 2020 that a new disc attribute has been introduced: WATER SKIP. Curious how "water skip" plays on regular ground?

Additionally apparently some UI updates that are substantial, some mixed reviews online.
I just updated and tried it because of your comment. There is a 'water skip' event. I tried the first round. There are some holes that the water skip attribute definitely helps. When water skip discs hit the ground, they didn't skip like a 'big skip' disc would, so I'm guessing water skip has no effect on land.

UI updates are solely during play, and seem okay. Plays the same, but there is maybe a little bit more screen space as some elements seem a little smaller. Looks fine, but took me a second to understand what the symbols at the top were (hole#, Par#, stroke#, etc.) as the text labels are gone now.

Latest posts