• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf World Tour

look man you agreed with someone that production for filming rounds is in the tens of thousands of dollars and then supported it with "1 - if you have to fly a camera crew to Europe it probably does".

lol indeed but i think yours is misdirected

JTacoma,

Will there be a full round coverage from round 1? From round 2?

If the answer is no to either of them, is there a good reason to forego hundreds of thousands of youtube views for what is essential a DGWT / disc golf / discmania commercial?

I'm not there, the website will be your best source of info.

Also it's not hundreds of thousands of views right away. It's more like 40k after 3-4 weeks if it's a good, competitive tournament with big names.

...and I'm not sure I agree with your assessment of what you propose is the alternative to full round coverage...or maybe I just don't see it as a problem to have activated segments? ESPN does it 24/7.

I'm pretty sure what it boils down to is that after everyone went ballistic about the European open coverage last year people have decided to troll and hate on Jamie/discmania/spinTV about anything they can think of.

It really blows me away, because decent coverage of disc golf events has only existested for about 2-3 years now, but people act like some how they have a right to expect full coverage of every round.

Just watched the Round 1 recap from Konopiste. Feh.

I'm eager to see which corporate investors Jussi plans on selling to based on these ordinary 10 minute vids. And shouldn't the first thing a sponsor sees on yesterday's vid be McBeth's ace?

Still think building an audience by broadcasting live is the way to go.

Just watched the Round 1 recap from Konopiste. Feh.

I'm eager to see which corporate investors Jussi plans on selling to based on these ordinary 10 minute vids. And shouldn't the first thing a sponsor sees on yesterday's vid be McBeth's ace?

Still think building an audience by broadcasting live is the way to go.

I think the recaps have been pretty well-produced, actually. A story editor might be nice to highlight the main draw of the day, but it's not awful. My biggest spot for improvement is this: Instead of the one-on-one interviews without context, have Avery throw it to the interview with a "We caught up with the leaders after the round." After that, cut out the questions, zoom in on the player and make it like they do on ESPN. I think that would go a long way toward higher quality.

That said, I've really enjoyed these recaps and the quality they bring. It's a big boost to the coverage.

Anyone else find themselves hitting the mute button on the round two videos? I usually like averys commentary but when he starts describing everything it got pretty tedious to listen to.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

It really blows me away, because decent coverage of disc golf events has only existested for about 2-3 years now, but people act like some how they have a right to expect full coverage of every round.

Coverage has been a thing for 5+ years. Live coverage is newer and some production faces have changed but its not like this is a concept that needs to be figured out.

Record disc golf.

Lol the DGWT web site. I went there just now and went to the "live scoring" page. All they had was that the three guys were tied after round 3. No info on a playoff, no info on any live coverage on their FB page. Nothing. Had to figure out what was happening by coming on here.

Did Avery just start shooting the playoff with his phone and add it to the DGWT FB page? How was the coverage of the playoff?

Another great win by Simon, and Simon said his goal for this event was to win and have McBeth finish 3rd for the 3rd time in a row (both came true), "because he deserves it" -- too funny and prophetic!

Lol the DGWT web site. I went there just now and went to the "live scoring" page. All they had was that the three guys were tied after round 3. No info on a playoff, no info on any live coverage on their FB page. Nothing. Had to figure out what was happening by coming on here.

Did Avery just start shooting the playoff with his phone and add it to the DGWT FB page? How was the coverage of the playoff?
True, playoff should be indicated somehow, but the software needs to support it first.

I think Avery was logged into the DGWT Facebook account and hosted a live stream on his phone from hole 17 onwards.