• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golfer saves woman from house fire - Shreveport, LA

"During his act of heroism Wiese lost a few of his everyday personal items such as his keys, cell phone and about $1300 cash that he was planning to use for bills."

Seriously? Did he kick in the door and dump out everything from his pockets?

Maybe he used a jacket to beat the flames down or something, and forgot his wallet was in it. Its not odd that an older man would have a wad of money on him. My grandfather and uncle didn't want bank accounts, and would often have more than 1000 in their pocket.

"During his act of heroism Wiese lost a few of his everyday personal items such as his keys, cell phone and about $1300 cash that he was planning to use for bills."

Seriously? Did he kick in the door and dump out everything from his pockets?

I was thinking the exact same thing, did he attempt to stamp out the fire with his bag that had all his stuff in it?

Don't get me wrong, it's GREAT he saved lives and all, but I just don't understand the "loss of items" part.

$1300?!?! Have we just seen Osmo in the flesh? :\

It's great to see that he was able to get everybody out safely.

Coincidentally, I was wearing the same hat when I went out for breakfast this morning.....but I only lost $6 on the lottery.

He was at the tournament I just played this Saturday, i'm sure no one knows this but he talked the Shreveport police that day into giving us 25 more minutes to leave the park because it closes as soon as it gets dark. We actually had to move the awards ceremony to a nearby church parking lot afterwards because the tournament ended so late.

I didn't know there was a disc golfer that had $1300 to his name. ;)

Good exposure for disc golf. It's just good to get the images of discs and "disc golf" out there.

The guy pays his mortgage in cash AND saves lives!? Someone get him a cape.

Solid work sir, way to be an ambassador.

He risked his life to save another. A true act of valor. Terrific story.

Can't believe the f'd up comments, some from people I used to read with respect. The man risked his life to save a complete stranger. He was still emotionally overcome when they interviewed him. A truly extraordinary act. And folks suggest he's scamming? Are you kidding me?

To be clear, I wasn't suggesting any sort of impropriety. I just thought it was rather odd that he lost $1300. I actually had to read it again to be sure I caught it correctly.