• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golfers on Judge Mathis

Then tell me why I won the case, made money, and became somewhat of a celebrity if it's not real and I didn't care. The lawyer I consulted recommended it. He told me that not only could I make the goon pay, but it could open many doors for me.

You're obviously quite famous and doing well for yourself if you've found your way here. :doh:

Pat was pretty messed up physically and mentally from the assault. It took him awhile to recover and when he did there was a legal technicality that prohibited him from suing locally...statute of limitations or lack of corroboration...not sure but he was advised that Judge Mathis was a venue suitable to his case, he won and collected the judgement....Pat is about 10 inches shorter than Darrin and was on one knee when he was sucker punched twice in the face. Darrin was playing open masters (Circus City Open B tier) as he had won advanced masters the day before. Pat, like me plays as a professional and expects quiet when shooting. Not sure if the Am and his wife were aware of this courtesy. I was 2 groups back and got first hand accounts from friends that were in his group and from Pat after he recovered. The assault was criminal and unwarranted. Darrin should be banned from PDGA events...and he may be as I haven't seen him lately.:thmbdown:

I'm curious what was Darrin's job at the time of the assault that he was trying to countersue for lost wages?

Pat was pretty messed up physically and mentally from the assault. It took him awhile to recover and when he did there was a legal technicality that prohibited him from suing locally...statute of limitations or lack of corroboration...not sure but he was advised that Judge Mathis was a venue suitable to his case, he won and collected the judgement....Pat is about 10 inches shorter than Darrin and was on one knee when he was sucker punched twice in the face. Darrin was playing open masters (Circus City Open B tier) as he had won advanced masters the day before. Pat, like me plays as a professional and expects quiet when shooting. Not sure if the Am and his wife were aware of this courtesy. I was 2 groups back and got first hand accounts from friends that were in his group and from Pat after he recovered. The assault was criminal and unwarranted. Darrin should be banned from PDGA events...and he may be as I haven't seen him lately.:thmbdown:

That's just awful. I'm sick of the trash we've attracted to our sport in the last 15 years or so.

Awww my first ever dub league play i got paired with pat. We killed everyone and used most of my shots. Pat was positive and respectful and a great partner. I think shortly after is when he started drifting away from disc golf.
He is def not the best in indiana, i think my boy tony ganger might have that. He travels tri state, some of the higher rated indiana pros just play local courses.
Sry to hear about this, should never happen, especially during a tournament

And just to add, I don't know you, or your situation. For me to blanket statement you being stupid or an idiot was wrong and I apologize for that.

In my experience, which is considered pretty extensive in the criminal law format by peers, these TV shows are fake, and offer nothing more than entertaining daytime TV spot fillers.

But, oddly accurate and insightful.

Heard about this yesterday on a course in tn

Was playing some golf yesterday here in Tennessee and when i said i was from Indiana, this was first thing brougt up. Glad IN is seen in such a good light from this.

I was playing in the tourney this happened in, but in a different group, and we heard about it. The dude who hit him was all bragging post round to his buddies. Looked like a piece of trash to me.

That being said, ive played in Pats group in a tourney before, and it was miserable. Fear of doing anything that might send him off kilter really ruined my round. Supposed to be a fun game.

It didnt surprise me that he was the one who got hit, but still, no place for that in disc golf, no matter who you are, or what is said. And again, the dude who hit him, the way he was talking post round to his buddies was ridiculous.

Was playing some golf yesterday here in Tennessee and when i said i was from Indiana, this was first thing brougt up. Glad IN is seen in such a good light from this.

I was playing in the tourney this happened in, but in a different group, and we heard about it. The dude who hit him was all bragging post round to his buddies. Looked like a piece of trash to me.

That being said, ive played in Pats group in a tourney before, and it was miserable. Fear of doing anything that might send him off kilter really ruined my round. Supposed to be a fun game.

It didnt surprise me that he was the one who got hit, but still, no place for that in disc golf, no matter who you are, or what is said. And again, the dude who hit him, the way he was talking post round to his buddies was ridiculous.

Indiana disc golf is special. There was some confusion at some tournaments this year about the two meter rule. Many believed it was not a rule anymore.

I find myself shaking my head a lot while playing in Indiana.

Indiana disc golf is special. There was some confusion at some tournaments this year about the two meter rule. Many believed it was not a rule anymore.

They would be correct. Unless specifically stated by the TD, the 2M rule is not in effect by default.

As a former citizen of Indiana, I agree with everything said in this thread.
I managed a factory in Indiana for five months about three years ago. Holy **** are the labor laws in that state AWFUL. Place I worked in seemed pretty typical judging by people I talked to - absolutely no safety standards, more than half my employees (my shift ran about 100) were illegals with fake documents (most responded to something like "Gabriel" or "Jose" and had something like "Joseph" or "Steven" on the roster), and they ****ed with peoples' wages for no reason because what are the illegals going to do about it (pay cuts for entire departments, regardless of seniority or work ethic, promising pay bumps and then rolling them back after a couple of paychecks), and promising very loudly days off for production and then working people 28/30 days despite quality numbers. From what I heard from other disc golfers it wasn't at all an outlier.

Thats really my only impression of Indiana. Otherwise... seemed nice, typical, flat. Plenty of heroine going around, lots of hard working people driven nuts by bad jobs and bad employers. The usual middle-America poverty-class bull****.

It isn't a rule anymore, but the TD has the discretion to make it a rule for that specific tournament.