• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc golfers worst enemy?

DGers worst enemy?

• Total voters
I'm going with 1.Yourself, 2.Other disc golfers 3.Mosquitoes, 4.Bees. For some others that play on the course, it's probably the rangers who will give you a ticket with a hefty fine for not paying to play like you're supposed to:D

Lost Discs, followed closely by yourself. You throw your main driver into the drink, no matter how well you have been playing - it makes the day a little harder. Then of course everything else becomes mental, so then you have to deal with your brain games the rest of the day.

I think I am my own worst enemy but losing discs really annoys me. Especially when I know where it landed but just can't find it.

I hate it when I lose a disc, then I'm all P'd off at myself for it. results: Bad round of DG.

Ditto that. And ULTRA HIGH GRASS bites big time!!!!!! I lost two discs today in the deep stuff beside the fairways at Paw Paw today. I found a couple that I put in the deep stuff after looking for about 10 minutes. But after 20 minutes each of looking I just had to give up on the others or I wasn't going to get to play much at all.

And after this, then the head starts to come into play. Today was one of my worst days on a course ever... but it also included a couple of my best shots ever. I'll talk about it in the current running thread about "throwing over 300' of water" in a little while.

Guess I'll be hitting up discgolfcenter too! :D

Tunnel Shots, love 'em, hate 'em.
Myself, "Why did I do that??"
Poison Ivy, REALLY got a bad case this past spring. Missed work a day or two.
Lost discs, or LOOKING for that disc that you "refuse to lose".

Other discers who present a poor image of the sport to the non-discing public. Non-discreet pot smokers, people who carry more beers than discs, and foul mouthed 15 year olds.

Fire Ants - Not an issue around here
Holes with water all around the basket - Never played one
Slim tunnel shots - I wouldn't call the tunnel shots on my courses "slim"
Rainy days - Meh. A little rain never hurt anyone
Poison Ivy - Haven't encountered this yet
Lost Discs - Haven't lost one yet (knock on wood)

Myself - Yeah, I can DEFINITELY be my own worst enemy

I would add steep drop offs past the pin or elevated pins to that list. No snowstorm has ever created the number the snowmen that one elevated pin has.

Mosquitoes!!( try tossin with 'em in your eyes ) then pricker balls that you spend the rest of the round tryin to pick off instead of planning shots. Water and tunnels aren't a factor if you stop being greedy. Oh almost forgot, wide rim drivers that bump out great discs like the talon

Myself! I continually make this game harder than it is.

Large groups of players on the course who play slow and are uneducated in the etiquette of disc golf play.

Latest posts