• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc golfers worst enemy?

DGers worst enemy?

• Total voters
Right now it's posion ivy (or oak) for me, I got into some backpacking last week, and I have a pretty strong reaction to it. I have it on both my arms and legs, my chest and back, and on the bottom of one of my feet...:thmbdown:

Oh well, didn't stop me from playing 45 holes yesterday and 108 holes today.

I voted for poison ivy because it is the closest to poison oak.

i was very tempted to say water traps just because i lost first place in a tourny on sunday because of a hole with water all around it. then i thought, well at least i got to play, and if its raining hard i wont play so rain. then i i saw the yourself option. if im angry or in a bad mood i wont have fun. and if i dont have fun i play poorly. im and angry person and i hate myself for it.

I was going to say work too, but I got beat.
Disc Golf's worst enemy....

Women (sorry Volkgal, you are exempt).

First they want you skip the round to go watch a movie, then you have to plan what they will do when you disc golf, then the money you were going to use to get a new bag just went to buy a new pair of shoes, then you have to miss a tourney for the wedding, then the kid comes and drools all over your discs. From then on you will be tossing understable diapers into the trash and spending all your time talking about disc golf.

This is probably why the girls at the tournament get so much attention that it gets creepy.

I never get mad or lose it playing DG. Im a decent player but I just get excited at myself when I make a good shot... and I never expect them. What gets me mad is when I throw a shot that lands directly on top of a Hornets (Yellow Jacket) Nest. -Or- Stand right over one to throw and get lit up 5 times... Then they follow you or attack you as they are flying around, because now you are "marked" and get you again holes later.

Snakes are friends of disc golf, not enemies. I caught a black racer the last round I played. Snakes are a critical part of an ecosystem and would much rather be left alone than mess with anyone. I can't believe all the ophidiophobia here.

We have met the enemy and he is us

A DGers worst enemy is DGing d-bags. The vandals (yes it inludes the grafitti artists), the drunks, the litterers, the people who play with no regard for others.

As this sport increases in popularity we need to be better stewards of the sport. I'm a very liberal minded individual as a rule. And I don't care if you drink, smoke, eat, or play with a group of 8. Be respectful of the park. Use the garbage cans if provided and if not, pack it in - pack it out. You aced number X? Whoop & Holler! Sharpie that disc. No one else cares so don't mark the basket. And, btw, no one cares that Vinnie fell in the mud near number 18 as the tee sign proclaims. And don't bend up the damn tee signs. Yes, its 420, 24/7, 365, but do you have to write that on every picnic table? And like Vinnie falling in the mud, no one cares that brian is gay or Suzie does all kinds of wild things. Families actually use the parks too.

A DGers worst enemy is DGing d-bags. The vandals (yes it inludes the grafitti artists), the drunks, the litterers, the people who play with no regard for others.

As this sport increases in popularity we need to be better stewards of the sport. I'm a very liberal minded individual as a rule. And I don't care if you drink, smoke, eat, or play with a group of 8. Be respectful of the park. Use the garbage cans if provided and if not, pack it in - pack it out. You aced number X? Whoop & Holler! Sharpie that disc. No one else cares so don't mark the basket. And, btw, no one cares that Vinnie fell in the mud near number 18 as the tee sign proclaims. And don't bend up the damn tee signs. Yes, its 420, 24/7, 365, but do you have to write that on every picnic table? And like Vinnie falling in the mud, no one cares that brian is gay or Suzie does all kinds of wild things. Families actually use the parks too.

that about sums it up. If we want more courses we have to take care of the ones we have. Especially if they are free courses. None of us would be playing with the land given to us, we probably should eff that up.

??

Snakes are friends of disc golf, not enemies. I caught a black racer the last round I played. Snakes are a critical part of an ecosystem and would much rather be left alone than mess with anyone. I can't believe all the ophidiophobia here.

Then why do those damn copperheads come crawling on my back patio? You don't see me squeezing down there little holes and messing with their dens do you? Kill them all and let God... can't say that or Apothecary will get all worked up! Anyway, just kill them all 'cause they ain't eatin' all the little moles, voles and mice in the neighborhood anyway!

He shoots, he scores!!!

:clap::clap:

If we only had private courses to play everyone would be playing far less, and paying far more. Take care of the essentially 'free' courses you are given.

Right now I'd have to say ticks. They just started coming out a week or two ago. I got 5 off my when I was playing yesterday and found a really, really tiny one when I got home.

Luckily we don't have fire ants around here, those are pretty bad too.

Latest posts