• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

disc lost on course

solomon.trenton

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
i went snow discing yesterday and lost three disc on the same round. (an epic, champ valk, pro d buzzz) i was just wondering whats the most disc you have lost on a single round before?

Two is the most I've lost in one round. It's happened twice so far. Although in one case I was pretty confident that I wasn't going to make the water gap but I went for it anyway and the expected happened.

Only one so far, but the water on the courses I usually play is creeks rather than lakes.

I haven't lost more than two on one round. On Columbus day weekend my brother & I combined for 6 discs lost in 2 days. Five of those @ Maple hill (2-rounds), "only" 4 of those in the water.

The most I have lost is 4 in one round. It happened at the 2008 Rose City Open, Trojan Lake DGC. During that round, another guy in my group lost 8 or 9 discs (of the 14 he started with). Needless to say, neither one of us cashed in that tournament.

I don't know the total discs lost for the whole tournament, but I think it was estimated at around 130 or so. A diver went in after the event and pulled out tons of plastic from the bottom of the lake.

I've lost 2 in a round before... When I first started playing I would throw 5 or 6 drives on every hole - hard to remember where they all go!

I've only lost one disc in a tournament round, threw it right into the lake :)

Five in one round is my record... twice.

Just one for me. One round I played two guys lost two discs in that round on the same two holes.

Does it count double if you loose it on the first drive on hole 1?
Wind came up, caught it and slammed it into the deep dark poison-shule-of-death -and dismemberment-valley.

I bought a new disk to replace that one... almost lost it the same way two days later (different course).

i went snow discing yesterday and lost three disc on the same round. (an epic, champ valk, pro d buzzz) i was just wondering whats the most disc you have lost on a single round before?

I am not sure if you can say you lost 3.

-1 loosing the valk
-1 loosing the buzzz
+1 loosing the epic (addition by subtraction)
------
-1 = total :)

I just lost my blue coyote on my last throw in the dark and snow......I just had to throw that last drive...It was dark and I knew I should just go back to my car. I have lost a handful and found a handful numerous times. I like to think of Pennsylvania woods as a disc swap meet.

Now about the Epic. I hate that disc but it is always in my bag. I use it when I know it'll end up in the river, creek, jungle, (fill in the blank) and I never lose it. I guarantee that if it was something that I could control I would have lost it by now.

Back to the thread, I've lost at least 6 discs at the same place. Tradewinds in Ft. Lauderdale. Perhaps I should use the Epic on either hole #2 or #3 (uncertain as to which one sits on a peninsula near the pond).

It seems like you either hate the epic or love it. I personally hate it, but Ive met a few people who love it. The only shot its good for is a tomahawk though, or so they say ...

I must play on the easiest courses ever!!! I have lost just one disc, and it was back in September... We go out just about every morning(2-3 guys) and have 5-10 on Saturdays, and have yet to lose any discs... I want to play on some of these hard courses!!! I suck, but would like the challenge...

Latest posts